Anything that makes you feel like you are strongly in your body is grounding. When you feel grounded you feel solid and strong in your body, you have no fear or anxiety and you feel at peace. It is the best place to be when you are making important decisions or presenting something to a group of people. Energy healing requires you to create a practice of grounding, the healing itself can be very grounding. A practice of grounding for some people can be yoga, dancing, meditation or even just sitting on the ground. For other people it is grounding for them to create artwork, to play with children or to spend time with animals and nature. Here is a grounding activity you can do right now
- Sit up straight and tall. Place your feet on the floor. Relax your shoulders.
- Breathe slowly and deeply.
- How many windows are in the room?
- How many electrical outlets do you see?
- What does the chair or couch you’re on feel like? Is it soft? Rough? Smooth?
- What colour are your pants? Your shoes?
- What do you hear?
- What material is the floor made of? Is it smooth or bumpy? Soft or hard? Dirty or clean? What imperfections can you see?
- Name all of the TV shows you can think of?
- Name all of the types of shapes you can think of?
Are you feeling better or different now than when you started doing these steps? If yes, then you just successfully grounded yourself. Do this once everyday specially at night so that you do not sleep with any stresses in your head. Take Care.