Acne vulgaris is the most common cutaneous chronic inflammatory disorder of multifactorial origin with prevalence in adolescents. But is can occur in any age. Numbers of topical and systematic therapies using synthetic ingredients are available since so long to cure acne. Due to risk and side effects associated with previously used therapies, internal and external herbal remedies are considered to be effective and safe alternative treatment for acne.
Here are few natural home remedies that you can try to cure your acne :
- Tree Tea Oil – An antibacterial compound terpinen-4 in Tea Tree Oil destroys the skin dwelling bacteria to heal and control acne. Pour a few drops of tea tree oil to a cotton pad and gently dab on your pimples or spots with any blemishes. Do it daily and you will see that your pimples will disappear soon without leaving any traces.
- Turmeric – Due to its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties turmeric kills the bacteria that causes pimples and other skin blemishes.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple Cider Vinegar kills bacteria, controls the excess produced sebum and balances the ph value of the skin. It acts like an astringent to dry up the excess oil from the skin.
- Lemon – Citric acid in lemon helps remove sebum from the pores reducing inflammation. It cleanses the skin surface and pores by getting rid of dirt and other impurities.
- Honey – Take a good quality raw honey. Manuka honey is very good but other varieties will also do the work. Add equal amount of full fat milk and apply on acne affected area.
- Papaya – Papaya pulp which contains papain enzyme. This enzyme effectively dissolves protein and fat. It cleanses the skin. Mash 50 grams of papaya pulp to make smooth paste. Generously apply this paste on the acne affected skin area. If you want you can apply it to the entire face as a facial mask. Leave it there for 20 minutes. Rinse your face with the cold water. You can apply this papaya mask daily on your acne affected area.
- Banana Peel – Wash your face before going to the bed. Take out a banana peel. Cut a 2 inch piece and rub the inner side of the peel on your acne affected area. If required cut more banana piece and use it. Leave it overnight and rinse it off in the morning with warm water.
Acne vulgaris is a common skin affliction impacting the lives of millions. Many different treatment options are available for the treatment of acne. Please visit a skin specialist to decide on the right line of treatment for you.