Ikigai is a Japanese concept that means “a reason for being”. The word “ikigai” is usually used to indicate the source of value in one’s life or the things that makes one’s life worthwhile.
There are few questions that you need to search answers for within to uncover your purpose in life :
- Determine your core values – What are the core values that make you tick? Pick at lease 3 core values such as Travel, Career, Family etc.
- What are you passionate about? This helps you establish what you are passionate about and how you can tie it into other aspects of your life. Ask yourself things like – is money was no object what would you do? If you had to speak publicly on a topic what would be easy for you?
- What is your mission? What alignment do you have with your greater society or culture? Is there something you are naturally aligned to? Is it something that your community needs from you? Are there any volunteer or charity organisations that align to your values?
- What is your profession? How have you fostered and developed your career? What can you do in your career to align with the other aspects of your ikigai? Is there professional development you still need to work on?
- What is your vocation> What are your natural talents? Can you turn these into a side hustle? How can you further develop those natural talents?
Remember to evaluate your sense of happiness and purpose at every step along the way. By seeking growth that fits your sense of purpose, you pursue health and happiness as well.
Read more on myinnercreative.com
Categories: Personal Development