Making Your Own Room Fresheners
Make your own aromatherapy room fresheners, including room sprays and pot pourri, to create a tranquil atmosphere that you can relax in.
Making Pot Pourri
Place a bowl of pot pourri on your window sill, so breezes can waft the scents around.
- Gather the ingredients for your blend. Include a fixative, such as orris root powder, for preservation.
- Mix the dry ingredients in the bowl, breaking up any larger ingredients into smaller pieces.
- Now add some fragrant oils and stir vigorously.
- Place all the ingredients in a glass container and seal it tightly.
- Leave the pot purri for two weeks in a cool dark place, stirring it daily for the first three days.
- After a few months your pot pourri may need a boost, simply add more oils and repeat steps 3-5 above.
- Pot pourri can contain any dried fruits and flowers that you like, such as apples, cherries and rose petals.
Making Your Room Spray
A small bottle with a pump spray nozzle allows you to fragrance a room in moments when you do not wan to use a vaporiser or oil burner. Spray bottles are portable and immediate, enabling you to spray any room at any time. Use a room spray to get rid of bad odours.
- Antiseptic Blend – 20 drops orange, 10 drops eucalyptus and 100ml distilled water.
- Romantic Scent – 10 drops sandalwood, 10 drops rosemary, 10 drops petitgrain, 100ml distilled water.
- Relaxing Scent – 10 drops grapefruit, 10 drops mandarin, 10 drops cedar wood, 10mml distilled water.
- Refreshing Scent – 10 drops bergamot, 10 drops chamomile, 10 drops neroli, 100ml distilled water.
Best Oils To Use
- To Invigorate – Cherry and citrus fragrances help to keep rooms fresh and positive. Bergamot, ginger, grapefruit, lemon, lime, mandarin and orange.
- To Cleanse and Purify – Fresh scents can be antiseptic and stimulating. Cedarwood, eucalyptus, lemongrass, myrrh and pine.
- To Seduce – These intoxicating, seductive scents will help relax the atmosphere of any room, and are especially good for parties. Patchouli, sandalwood, ylang ylang and vetivert.
- To Relax – Floral fragrances are all good to reduce stress. Frankincense, geranium, juniper, lavender, petitgrain and rose.