If you’re on your way to trying to do something in your life, be it losing weight or just living a better lifestyle, and you find yourself ready to give in, or you begin to doubt yourself and your abilities, then read on.
Here are a few tips to keep yourself motivated when in a slump :
- Accept that no journey is without twists and turns. If you’re lazy, unmotivated, or in a slump because you fear failure, understand that failure is necessary to find out what works. So fail fast and learn quick.
- Daydream. Close your eyes and think about the emotions you’ll feel when you reach your goals. Let these feelings of joy, happiness and excitement energise and motivate you.
- Set aside time to strategise each evening. Each evening, review what you’ve accomplished and give yourself major props. Then, list up the three tasks you want to accomplish the following day.
- Banish your news feed. Commit to not checking social media in the morning or in the evening. Consuming negative energy disrupts your peace and productivity.
- Start mornings off with positive energy. Positivity boosts your mood, motivation, and creative vibes. Wake up and meditate, exercise, or listen to inspiriting podcasts, speeches, talks or radio shows.