Aloe Vera extract comes from the Aloe Barbadensis Miller plant. Aloe Vera is known as the “Miracle Plant” because it is highly valued in many Traditional Medicinal Practices. There is evidence of Aloe Vera treatments as far back as the Egyptian Era. Papyrus Ebers has detailed drawings of Aloe Vera being used for internal and external ailments. Aloe vera was also used during the Roman Era, they wrote, “Aloe juices loosen the belly and cleanse the stomach”,
There are over 200 biologically active components, including aloverose, bradykinase, catalase, salicylic acid, saccharides and many more. Aloe vera contains over 20 amino acids, 7 of which are essential. Aloe vera contains Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C, E, and Folic Acid. Also, it provides minerals, calcium, chlorine, copper, chromium, iron, zinc and magnesium.
Here are some health benefits of aloe vera :
- Aloe vera is extremely effective at treating skin ailments. This includes, burns, wounds, dermatitis, and psoriasis. A study of over 60 psoriasis patients found that 83% of participants were cured of their symptoms.
- The cells of the skin (epithelial) are the same cell type as the gastric tract lining. This simply means that Aloe vera can have a soothing effect on both skin and gastric cells. Aloe can aid IBS, Constipation, Diverticulitis and Indigestion.
- A popular natural diabetic medication in Latin America, Aloe Vera is thought to help increase HDL cholesterol levels, reduce LDL cholesterol, totals serum cholesterol and triglycerides levels. All study participants showed effective regulation of their fasting and post prandial blood glucose levels.
- Aloe vera is full of potent antioxidants such as Vitamin C and E. Antioxidants scavenge free radicals that damage tissue and DNA, and can cause disease such as Arthritis and Alzheimer’s disease.
- It is natural Anti-inflammatory. Aloe Vera contains the enzyme bradykinase and compound salicylic acid. Aloe was found to improve inflammation in up to 47% of cases.
Reference : https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6x_fRZX4AADoj0.jpg