If there’s an omnipresent opera of intention that’s not only within me, but in everything and everyone, then we’re connected by this all-pervading Source to everything and everyone, and to what we’d like to be, what we’d like to have. what we want to achieve, and to everything in the universe that will assist us. All that’s required is realigning ourselves and activating intention. But how did we get disconnected in the first place? How did we lose our natural ability to connect? Lions, fish, and birds don’t get disconnected. The animal, vegetable, and mineral worlds are always connected to their Source. They don’t question their intention. We humans, however, with our capability for presumably higher brain functions, have something we refer to as ego, which is an idea that we construct about who and what we are.
Ego is made of six primary ingredients that account for how we experience ourselves as disconnected. By allowing ego to determine your life path, you deactivate the power of intention. Briefly, here are the six ego beliefs.
- I am what I have. My possessions define me.
- I am what I do. My achievements define me.
- I am what others think of me. My reputation defines me.
- I am separate from everyone. My body defines me as alone.
- I am seperate from all that is missing in my life. My life space is disconnected from my desires.
- I am seperate from God. My life depends on God’s assessment of my worthiness.
No matter how hard you try, intention can’t be accessed through ego, so take some time to recognise and readjust any or all of these six beliefs. When the supremacy of the ego is weakened in your life, you can seek intention and maximise your potential.
Reference : The Power of Intention. Dr. Wayne W. Dyer.