We’ve all been taught from a young age to fit in a little regular exercise. You know it’s good for both your body and your mind. But when your day gets busy, it’s too easy to skip. When you get out of the daily habit, it’s hard to pick it back up. It’s true, there are real road blocks to exercising, and lack of time is just one of them. But you can get through these road blocks and fit exercise into your day — at home or at the office.
What’s your reason for not working out?
Below are some excuses — and ways to beat them:
- Problem: With work, family and other demands, I’m too busy to exercise.
- Answer: Make staying active a priority each day. Carve time out of your day. Try before or after work, or on your lunch hour. Then put it in your day planner.
- Problem: Using a treadmill or stationary bike is boring.
- Answer: Try watching TV or listening to music while working out.Better yet, head outside for a walk or a bike ride, and bring a friend along.
- Problem: I’ve never been an athlete.
- Answer: You don’t have to be an athlete to be active. Walking andhiking are great choices because they’re easy, low-cost and no training is needed. The key to staying active isn’t putting in long hours at the gym. It’s about making the most out of the everyday things you do.
Choose your move
– Easy trail hike
– Light gardening
– Playing golf
– Bicycling at a leisurely pace
– Walking 10 to 20minutes
– Bicycling quickly
– Walking a half hour or more
– Heavy yard work
– Jumping rope
Hope you liked these series. Here’s another post from the exercise series > https://empress2inspire.blog/2021/02/17/keep-exercise-on-your-todo-list-part-3/
Reference : https://file.anthem.com/11684ANMENABS.pdf