- Communication, honesty, and vulnerability is what allows for trust to grow and bonds to strengthen. It’s scary, uncomfortable, and could send your inner-child into a panic, but the people you need will not judge you for it. They will try and understand and be there for you and listen.
- People can and do care about you. You may not believe it, but look at their actions. Those are usually good signs. A friend feeling your pain when you’re in pain, crying when you’re crying, and wanting to be there in times of need is a pretty convincing indicator of their care for you. It’s wild how knowing that still makes your brain think otherwise. Challenge those kind of thoughts.
- Don’t hurt your friends. Yeah, that goes without saying, but there are things you do that you might not be aware of that hurt them. When they communicate their hurt to you, listen and lean how you can make it better, then follow through. You become a good friend by practising.
- One person caring about you can make a big difference in your life. I’ve seen fortunate enough to have a few people in my life who’ve helped me in my darkest and lowest of times, and their kindness has forever changes me and will forever be with me. It’s the reason I treat others with more kindness now. Kindness and empathy. My two favourite attributes in a person – always. It’s all that I want to surround myself with.
- Don’t forget about yourself, too. You deserve kindness and empathy from and for yourself. Allow yourself to feel it.
Contribute to the blog- PayPal.Me/spiritualGS