The romanticised ideas we’ve been taught about love tell us you should never, ever have any doubts. You should just KNOW when you meet your person and have full faith that they are YOUR PERSON. But, this isn’t movie, it’s reality.
It’s normal to have doubts at times and to feel uncertain. That doesn’t mean you’re not a great match with your partner or that you don’t love them, it just means you’re human. The thing is, just because you have a smidge of uncertainty doesn’t mean there is anything wrong with the relationship. Sometimes we just have a moment. Now, if you’re having moments and feeling uncertain all the time and there are big red flags well, that’s a different story but if you are genuinely happy with your partner and have doubts every now and then and just wonder why? Then, I want to remind you it’s okay and in fact, it’s totally normal.
I am sure some of you will respond to this post to say “I never had doubts” and that’s great. But that’s not the reality for everyone. I actually think having doubts or feelings of uncertainty can be helpful at times, I mean, if we can’t see the humanity in another person, especially early on, then we might in fact be turning a blind eye and just seeing what we want.
Remember, doubts are normal. You don’t have to act on them unless they become big and regular and concerning. Having doubts doesn’t mean your partner isn’t a great match for you, it just means that you are human.
In a nutshell
- It’s normal to not be 100% sure that the person you’re with its your forever person.
- It’s normal to have doubts sometimes.
- It’s normal to question if you made the right choice.
- It’s normal to have mixed feelings and on one hand, feel like you’re perfect for each other and on the other, wonder why you feel like maybe something is missing.
- Basically, it’s normal to be human and question yourself and your choices sometimes.
- Don’t give it too much attention. Just because you have a little uncertainty doesn’t mean there is anything wrong. Don’t get swept up and let it make you question everything.
- Know that it’s totally normal to have a little doubt or uncertainty at times, especially before big commitments.
- Remember on where the uncertainty is coming from and what it’s about.
- Focus on the things you love and appreciate about your partner and the relationship.
What do you think? Please share your experiences in the comments. Would love to hear them.