Boundary Building Checklist

on

Boundaries are the limits you set for yourself that define what you’re willing to do, accept or tolerate. Establishing what your boundaries are can help you decide what to do next. For instance, if someone treats you badly, how are you going to take care of yourself? If a situation starts to feel unsafe, how can you remove yourself? Boundaries are the best way to protect yourself physically or emotionally. So how do you start? Setting healthy limits starts by knowing what you need and taking responsibility for it.

Effective boundaries are your ability to protect yourself, not control what the other person is doing. They’re all about self-care – not penalizing the other person for not giving you what you want! Here’s a quick checklist of where you can begin.

Say No To

• Worrying about things and people you cannot control.
  • Ignoring my need to balance my time.
  • Negative conversations with others.
  • Obsessing about what others think.
  • Doing for others what they should be doing for themselves.
  • Lying for others.
  • Yelling instead of calming myself down before soaking my truth.
  • Expecting others to read my mind.
  • Gossiping.
  • Making excuses for not taking care of my responsibilities
  • Lying to myself about how I really feel.
  • Putting my needs last.
  • Self condemnation
  • Putting off important doctor appointments
  • Not following through with personal plans.

Say Yes To

• Beginning my day with a morning meditation.
  • Calming my mind a few times a day
  • Positive affirmations and healthy thoughts.
  • More vegetables
  • Finding time to regroup and ground myself
  • Complimenting others and congratulating their successes.
  • Letting go of things I can’t control
  • Ending toxic relationships
  • A positive, no excuse mindset.
  • Speaking more positively about others I trust and care for.
  • Assuming total responsibility for my thoughts, desires, dreams, words, intentions and actions.
  • Making myself and my health a priority
  • Self compassion, and self forgiveness.

Hope this helps.

Reference : https://i.redd.it/phqh2w9ovst61.jpg

1. minajean says:

These words are absolutely inspirational. It’s time everyone stood their square and did for the better, better themselves, and better others.

Absolutely. Some examples of personal boundaries might be as simple as : I’m cool with following each other on social media, but not with sharing passwords. I’m comfortable kissing and holding hands, but not in public. I’m okay with regularly texting, but I don’t want to text multiple times in an hour.

1. minajean says:

I definitely agree. Starting off small can make a big difference in your future as well. People can make huge changes to their lives in such little ways.

2. sullivanspin says:

I’ve recently re-invested in health and fitness after much neglect and it really makes a positive impact on your outlook towards life. Burn off some stress, clear your head – go for a walk or lift something heavy. It’s good.

Worrying has never added a minute to anybody’s life, so that one is great too.

Absolutely. “Worry pretends to be necessary but serves no useful purpose.” ~Eckhart Tolle

Thank you for sharing.

1. Always a joy and pleasure to read and share your posts with followers, My Dear! Hope you have a great day!! xoxox 😘💕🎁🌹

3. LaDonna Remy says:

This is excellent.

Thank you La Donna. Glad you liked the post. Some people can’t set boundaries because they don’t yet care enough about themselves to preserve their sanity and space. You communicate self-respect by imposing boundaries on disrespectful behavior. We teach people how to treat us by showing them how we treat ourselves.

1. LaDonna Remy says:

I genuinely agree.

🙂🙂

4. gpavants says:

Garima, Trying to practice this. Working on a book this summer so it means less blogging more writing. Minus the guilt.

Hope you are, too.

Have a great summer.

Gary

Woahhh can’t wait to read your book Gary!

1. gpavants says:

You can read the first one here:
        #2 almost ready.