People are weird, complicated creatures. That fact can make managing social life tricky if you haven’t studied up on the quirks of human psychology. But the reverse is also true. By learning a few simply psychological truths about how our minds work, you can give yourself a huge leg up when it comes to succeeding at work, finding love, and getting what you want in life. And mastering basic psychological hacks will also give you a big advantage over most people, who navigate the world on instinct and emotion alone.
Here are some psychological life hacks :
- Refer to people you’ve just met by their name. People loving being referred to by their name, and it will establish a sense of trust and friendship right away.
- If you make the biggest smile you can, you will automatically feel happier.
- The moment your alarm wakes you up, immediately react by sitting up, pump your fists and shout “Yeah!”.
- Always give your kid a choice that makes them think they are in control. For instance when I want him to put his shows on I will say, “do you want to put your Star Wars shoes on or your shark shoes on?”
- People are extraordinary award of their sense of touch. If someone (a member of the opposite sex?) “accidentally” rests their knee on yours, let’s say, they know it’s there.