Self-love is one of my favorite topics to write about, but it’s occurred to me lately that I haven’t spent a great deal of time writing about one of the foundations of this important topic — self-awareness. Self-awareness is conscious knowledge of one’s own character, feelings, motives, and desires, and it’s presence is essential for loving who you are. You might be thinking, But I know who I am! Of course, we all know ourselves on some level, but self-awareness is something we should— and can!— always be contemplating. Because we’re always growing, changing, becoming, to truly know the self, we must constantly be curious about who we are.
Here are some thought provoking question you may want to answer for improving your self awareness scale :
- How do I deal with being misperceived or misunderstood?
- How motivated am I to change my life for the better?
- How much do I follow through on what I preach and talk about?
- How do I deal with emotional pain?
- How do I respond when someone judges me, makes fund of me, or calls me names?
- How do I respond when I make a mistake or when I fail at something?
Come back tomorrow for more thought provoking questions.