Boundaries are the limits you set for yourself that define what you’re willing to do, accept or tolerate. Establishing what your boundaries are can help you decide what to do next. For instance, if someone treats you badly, how are you going to take care of yourself? If a situation starts to feel unsafe, how can you remove yourself? Boundaries are the best way to protect yourself physically or emotionally. So how do you start? Setting healthy limits starts by knowing what you need and taking responsibility for it.
Effective boundaries are your ability to protect yourself, not control what the other person is doing. They’re all about self-care – not penalizing the other person for not giving you what you want! Here’s a quick checklist of where you can begin.
Say No To
- Worrying about things and people you cannot control.
- Ignoring my need to balance my time.
- Negative conversations with others.
- Obsessing about what others think.
- Doing for others what they should be doing for themselves.
- Lying for others.
- Yelling instead of calming myself down before soaking my truth.
- Expecting others to read my mind.
- Making excuses for not taking care of my responsibilities
- Lying to myself about how I really feel.
- Putting my needs last.
- Self condemnation
- Putting off important doctor appointments
- Not following through with personal plans.
Say Yes To
- Beginning my day with a morning meditation.
- Calming my mind a few times a day
- Positive affirmations and healthy thoughts.
- More vegetables
- Finding time to regroup and ground myself
- Complimenting others and congratulating their successes.
- Letting go of things I can’t control
- Ending toxic relationships
- A positive, no excuse mindset.
- Speaking more positively about others I trust and care for.
- Assuming total responsibility for my thoughts, desires, dreams, words, intentions and actions.
- Making myself and my health a priority
- Self compassion, and self forgiveness.
Hope this helps.
Reference : https://i.redd.it/phqh2w9ovst61.jpg