Live Today

Not yesterday, not tomorrow. Go for what you can do today and leave yesterday behind for good. It’s not here anymore. And tomorrow doesn’t even exist yet, so why bother. All you have is today. Don’t waste it.

Burn the memories and stop worrying about the future. It doesn’t help. You can’t change something already consumed and you can’t predict something that didn’t happen yet.

Living today is the only place you can live. So make sure you’re making it worthwhile. Stay in the present. The only things a past can bring to you are its lessons and the only thing to expect from the future is hope.

Because the only way to predict the future is to create it, they say. And you can do that only from today.

Learn From Yesterday, Live Today, Create Tomorrow

If life would be a castle, this simple triad would be the base brick. This is how you build a castle, with bricks on top of bricks, on top of other bricks. Each of these bricks must be carefully crafted. Their surface should be lean and perfectly fit for each other. There should be no holes, no unevenness, no breach. Otherwise, the castle will collapse.

Each of this bricks must be balanced. The past should be about learning, the present about living and the future about creation. Each component should have an equal part in the brick.

If there’s too much past, or too much future, the brick will be like swollen on one of its ends. The castle will lean on one of its sides. If there’s too much past, or too much future, your castle floor will be uneven. It will be really hard to live in such a building. The mere act of standing will require a lot of effort. Have you noticed how people who live in the past or in the future have a real hard time focusing? Finishing even a simple task could be really difficult for them. That’s because their energy is directed toward keeping their balance on this uneven floor. They hardly have anything left to cope with the present.

On the other side, if there’s too much present in the brick, the swollen part will be in the middle. The bricks will not fit perfectly on top of each other, there will be a lot of space in between. The construction will be weak, no stability. Every step will be risky. Because you didn’t learn from the past and have no interest in creating the future, your castle will shake at every step. This is a case of ignorance. Everything you do will have a destructive potential, because you’re on a very feeble ground.

But if you manage to fit everything together, if you keep your focus on today, having yesterday accounted for, and tomorrow always in sight, your castle will be steady. No lose ends, no shaky foundation, just flow.

Every time I feel like I’m working too hard, I know my castle is leaning sideways and I spend too much time and energy keeping my balance (most of the time, for me, it’s about living in the future, making too many plans, and ignoring the present). And every time I feel the urge of acting immediately, without thinking too much at the consequences (what future am I creating?), or not doing enough research (what are the lessons from the past?) I know there’s too much present and my castle can fall down immediately.

How’s your castle today?

Be Grateful for Life Sucking

Support empress2inspire.blog

THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT. If you are reading this, it means that something you read above intrigued you enough to keep reading till the end of the post. I am glad you liked it. Would you like to donate $1 for helping me maintain this blog?

$1.00

1. My castle’s doing pretty okay despite of challenging weather at times. Thank you for the reminder!

Most welcome. Glad to know all us well

2. I love this analogy!

Here is a thought!
    Intelligence is the speed at which we process information!

By dramatically increasing your intelligence through my own teachings that are a simplified version of Christ’s and Buddha’s, you can effectively build multiple castle’s in the same amount of time.

In other words, I am hitting the church and so many others from so many different angles because I know they lack the intelligence to understand or predict the outcome of my various actions!

Everything I do is designed for the same outcome and it will benefit the rest of nature more than it benefits humanity!

Humanity has had more than enough chances to do what is right by the rest of nature! They have failed miserably with my own country being in the lead as one of the greediest countries in the world with little too no respect for nature itself!

Those who don’t start respecting nature will simply get consumed by it in one way or another!

Humans greatest characteristic to aid in survival is its ability to live in almost any environment, while other animals have adaptations that help them survive only in certain areas, but give no advantage if placed in a different ecosystem.

3. (Accidentally hit send before finishing)

Once about 9/10 of adult humanity is wiped out (judgment by nature),. The most pure of us are going to get control of a biblical species

Yes we are seeing that. Living in the present moment means no longer worrying about what happened in the past and not fearing what will happen in the future. It means enjoying what’s happening now and living for today. Choosing to live in the past or the future not only robs you of enjoyment today, but it also robs you of truly living.

1. Bravo 👏😀
        Your wisdom is very inspiring and I could not have worded that so well!
        🤗

🙏🏼🙏🏼

4. I am starting my castle today and manifesting the perfect balance as things flow at their own pace. Let the universe play it’s part. Thank you for the soothing words. They are magical.

Yassss 🙌🏼🙌🏼

5. I enjoyed the analogy of the castle. Indeed, we need to live in the present, taking one brick at a time in building our lives.

Living in the present allows you to build a whole world that will then become your legacy. Living in the present implies being aware of each situation and finding our eternity in every single moment. Naive people spend their time looking at other places while standing on an island full of life opportunities.

1. Thanks for sharing more. There is much truth in “standing on an island” and missing life’s opportunities.

When our lives become dictated by thoughts and emotions attached to past events or potential future outcomes, it becomes increasingly rare to live in the present moment. By constantly residing in the past or the future, you might carry with you a sense of unease, become more susceptible to stress, agitation, and generally feel unhappy and uncomfortable with your life. Because of this, it is extremely important to learn to live in the present moment. Abraham Maslow once said, “The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness.” Only in the present moment can you achieve true happiness, peace, and joy, which are all key for our mental wellbeing.