People are weird, complicated creatures. That fact can make managing social life tricky if you haven’t studied up on the quirks of human psychology. But the reverse is also true. By learning a few simply psychological truths about how our minds work, you can give yourself a huge leg up when it comes to succeeding at work, finding love, and getting what you want in life. And mastering basic psychological hacks will also give you a big advantage over most people, who navigate the world on instinct and emotion alone.
Here are some psychological life hacks :
- Avoid the sidewalk shuffle by looking intently over the persons shoulder, or between people’e head in a group. Your gaze shows them where you’re going. They’ll draft towards the opposite side/create a gap to avoid you.
- When you’re studying/learning something new, teach a friend how/about it. Let them ask questions. If you’re able to teach something well, you understand it.
- People will remember not what you said but how you made them feel.
- For interviews I recommenced altering your psychological state beforehand. Tell yourself “I’ve known these people all my life. We’re told friends catching up. I can’t wait to see them”. Visualise the experience, shaking hands, making eye contact, having conversation. What things can you not to wait to tell them? Hold an open pose, stand with your legs apart, hands on your hips, and shoulders back while doing this and smile. This may sound cliche but you are in charge of your own psychological state and the power of suggestion is strong.
- If you get yourself to be really happy and excited to see other people, they will react the same to you. It doesn’t always happen the first time, but it will definitely happen next time.
Tried any psychological hack yet?