If you’re on your way to trying to do something in your life, be it losing weight or just living a better lifestyle, and you find yourself ready to give in, or you begin to doubt yourself and your abilities, then read on.
Here are a few tips to keep yourself motivated when in a slump :
- Control your email; don’t let it control you. Check your email two to three times per day and not first thing. Prioritising the demands of others over yourself isn’t going to help you dig out of the slump.
- Batch tasks to get work done faster. Skip multi-tasking. Batch like tasks on your to-do list together to be more productive.
- Set a time when doing tasks on your list. If you’re a procrastinator, work in 30 to 45 minute timed spurts to set a deadline.
- Do time-consuming tasks first. After you hit a productivity flow, start challenging yourself by putting your more difficult to-dos first on the list so you can completely finish the hard stuff.
- Give yourself time for fun and rewards. When you get the stuff done, give yourself praise and indulge in a reward.