Ugh, ironing. Why is it that it’s always after you’re showered, dressed and ready that you notice those way-too-visible-to-ignore creases in the shirt you couldn’t wait to wear? In the spirit of quick fixes, here are some hassle-free ways to remove wrinkles without breaking out the iron.
- Shower Method – Close windows and door in your bathroom and hang your wrinkled article of clothing on the shower rod. Hang clothing on the shower rod. Hang clothing or adjust shower head so water won’t hit clothing, then take a hot shower for 10-15 minutes.
- Hair Dryer Method – Slightly dampen the wrinkled area on fabric > Set hair dryer on low and blow on wrinkles 1-2 inches away until wrinkles straighten out.
- Dryer Method – Add a wet sock or a damp piece of cloth along with your wrinkled garment into the dryer > Set laundry to medium heat and run for 15-20 minutes to remove light wrinkles.
- Damp Towel Method – Place your wrinkled garment on a clean floor or table surface and place damp towel flat on top pf the garment > Using your hands, press down on towel and smooth out wrinkled area with your hands.
- Spray Bottle Method – Hang out garment outside if the weather is dry. Finely mist garment with a spray bottle of water > Allow for the garment to hang for an hour in the sun. The moisture and heat will relax the wrinkles.
- Kettle Steam Method – Best for light wrinkles. Simply hold garment about 8-12 inches away from steaming spout over wrinkled area. (Bonus : You can enjoy a cup of tea afterwards for un wrinkling your clothes).
- Flat Iron Method – Best for small wrinkles. Plug in your flat iron and allow for it to warm. Don’t get it too hot. Straighten out wrinkles as you would straighten your hair. Do not leave straightener in one spot for too long.
- To avoid wrinkled clothing in the first place, remove garments from dryer and hang immediately.
- You can also buy commercial wrinkle release spray or buy clothes made of wrinkle free fibre.