While we all love summer, an increase in temperature can leave a very undesirable effect: sweat stains. Sweat stains aren’t just embarrassing, they can also be a nightmare to remove. Act quickly, though, ad you should be able to bust these stubborn stains.
Here are a few tips on how to remove sweat stains :
- Lemon Juice – Scrub sweat stains with equal parts lemon juice and water before placing in the wash.
- Table Salt – Sponge affected area with solution of hot water and table salt before laundering.
- Ammonia – Wash affected area with equal parts ammonia and water before laundering.
- Liquid Laundry Detergent Sunshine – Soak garment in warm water then remove. Pour liquid detergent on sweat stain area. Place outside in sun for 3-4 hours and keep wet by spraying with water. Launder in cool water. Air Dry.
- Hydrogen Peroxide – Do not use on coloured garments. Apply solution of equal parts hydrogen peroxide and water on sweat stain for 30 minutes before washing.
- Aspirin – Crush 2 aspirin and mix with 1/2 cup warm water. Soak for 2-3 hours before washing.
- White Vinegar – Rub white vinegar directly into sweat stain before washing.
- Baking Soda – Add just enough water to baking soda to create a paste and apply to stain. Let sit for a few hours before washing.
- Meat Tenderizer – Use non seasoned types with ingredients bromelain. Moisten sweat stain with warm water and add sprinkles of meat tenderizer. Let sit for 1/2 hour before washing.
For delicate garments, silk, cashmere, rayon, wool etc. Have your sweat stains removed by a dry cleaning professional.