Moss graffiti, also known as eco-graffiti or green graffiti, is a green alternative to the toxic and environmentally harmful spray paintings used by the street artists. In fact, with moss and a few other harmless ingredients can be created a natural paint that, with time, will simply grow where it was applied. This paint of moss will eventually give life to original green creations that will enhance the facades and the walls of any building.
You will need :
- Buttermilk (can be replaced with yogurt)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Water (can be replaced with beer)
How to make moss graffiti :
- Step 1 – Gather about a small handful of moss.
- Step 2 – Carefully wash dirt off the roots of the moss as much as possible.
- Step 3 – Break up moss into small chunks and place in blender.
- Step 4 – Add 2 cups of buttermilk/yogurt, 2 cups water/beer, 1/2 teaspoon of sugar and blend until completely smooth. Add corn syrup if necessary to add more thickness.
- Paint your graffiti.
Pro Tips :
- Spray water of apply more moss paint to keep art alive.
- Moss grows best on porous surfaces like brick and stones.
- Your graffiti areas hold receive a moderate amount of sunlight and moisture.
- Spring and fall are the best season for applying most graffiti.
- To kill the moss graffiti, spray it with lime juice.