Yes they are fluffy and soft and used mostly for cosmetic reasons, but cotton balls have a multitude of uses around the house!
Here are some genius uses of cotton balls :
- Flower Plug For Your Daffodils – For hollow stemmed flowers, cut the bottom of the stem at a 45 degree angle, turn stem upside down, fill it with water and stuff with a tiny piece of cotton.
- Rubber Glove Protector – Stuff ends of rubber gloves fingers with cotton balls so they won’t get punctured by sharp nails.
- Deter Rabbits – Place cotton balls soaked in white vinegar in film canister with hole poked in lid. Place container in garden.
- Fire Starter – Soak cotton ball in vaseline for an easy fire starter.
- Kill Mildew in Bathroom – Clean the corner of your tiled areas of bathroom with cotton ball soaked in bleach. Place in corner and let sit for 30 minutes so cleaner gets released in hard to reach places.
- Add Scent To Room While Vacuuming – Soak cotton ball with your favourite essential oil and place inside vacuum bag. As you vacuum, the scent will be released into the room.
- Keep Your Fridge Smelling Nice – Dampen a cotton ball in vanilla extract. Place in shelf near back of the fridge.
- Keep Mice Away – Soak cotton balls in peppermint oil and place in problem areas to keep mice away.
- Pad the Ends of Your Drawer Doors to Protect Small Child Hands – That way, the drawer won’t completely close and won’t crush a child’s small fingers.