When you were born, you didn’t come with an owner’s manual; these guidelines make life work better.
- You will receive a body – You may like it or not, but it will be yours for the entire period round.
- You will learn lessons – You are enrolled in a full time, informal school called life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.
- There are no mistakes, only lessons – Growth is a process of trial and error, experimentation. The “failed” experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately works.
- A lesson is reported until it is learned – A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it, then you can go on the next lesson.
- Learning lessons does not end – There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
- “There” is no better than “Here” – When your “there” has become “here”, you will simply obtain another “there” that will, again look better than “here”.
- Others are merely mirrors of you – You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
- What you make of your life is upto you – You have all the tools and resources you need, what you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
- The answers lie inside of you – The answers to life’s questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.