Basic Tenets of Life Part 2

Everything we do in life is a choice — most of us realize that. Everything we don’t do is also a choice. Every day we choose to do the same things that hardly move us closer to the real-life we want.

If the quality of our lives is shaped by the choices we make, and those we don’t make, then the secret of making wise choices is to live by core principles. A lot has been written about the principles for a meaningful and happy life for centuries. In his book, Ray Dalio, billionaire investor, hedge fund manager, philanthropist said, “Principles are fundamental truths that serve as the foundations for behaviour that gets you what you want out of life. They can be applied again and again in similar situations to help you achieve your goals.

Here are a few basic tenets of life :

• Do not be afraid to take up space. There is a difference between being polite and being invisible. Do not be afraid to laugh loudly, to smile widely, to talk passionately. Do not be afraid to exist fully, unapologetically.
  • There is nothing you can do to make someone fall in love with you. Let me repeat that – there is nothing you can do to make someone fall in love with you. Because see, the only thing you can do is change, but then they wouldn’t be falling in love with you, but with the person you’re trying to be for them. They’d be falling in love with things you stopped yourself form saying, and laughs you faked and the hairstyle you hate. They’d be falling in love with a person you don’t even like. Find someone who will love you the way you are, someone with whom you don’t have to try.

Reference : https://findingwordsforthoughts.tumblr.com/post/94745881088/1-you-will-hurt-people-sometimes-intentionally

1. slntstrwbrry says:

hi garima,

is there any way i can help with your blog? i really enjoy it and would like to get involved.

~kelsey

Hi Kelsey, thank you. What would you like to do?

1. slntstrwbrry says:

😊 well i am pretty good at proof reading. i can do that for grammar or for content.
        i am open to whatever you need
        ~kelsey

Great. Let me see what I can do

3. slntstrwbrry says:

ok!

2. That last one – so true.

I will never make someone fall in love with me. People, who will fall in love you, should love you just the way you are- I have never fallen in love, but searching for that. I feel like, for me, it can be hard to find someone who will- I have learning disabilities, on the Autism Spectrum, and have epilepsy. I will be okay if I never fall in love- only will if it is meant to happen

You will find love if you want to. Just develop a feeling of already having it. When you go to a Resturant, order your food, you forget how the food will be prepared. Similarly, just think from a place of already having it.

1. I have already found love- not the romantic kind. I have friendship love, friend love, and love for God.

I love who I am- except for 1% of myself

Excellent

3. The only 1% I still haven’t accepted is the epilepsy. That is a very difficult thing to accept

Acceptance will come.

3. sandymancan says:

Too many don’t understand their mind set keeps them in their lane even when that lane is going over a cliff. You can’t change lanes until you change your mind set.

I agree. Mindsets are not just important for learning new skills. For example, a growth mindset can help you recover from illness because you believe that you can do something about the illness. They can help you achieve in sport, at work and can also help you grow and develop in relationships.

1. Always a pleasure to share your posts with followers, My Dear!
        xoxox 😘💖🌹✨

💃🏻

4. Sang says:

They would be falling in love , but not with you, but for the changes in you..

That’s a startling message

5. Sang says:

I meant to say “A great revelation “

Isn’t it. It’s amazing how little things matter

6. bostongirll13 says:

I read this and hot the 2nd paragraph and was floored. It was like “Sha-bamm!” this axiom is so true!!! and I know it’s true because sadly I have lived it.

I thought maybe if I could cook, if I was thinner, if am quieter in the bedroom, if I liked his music, if I was less talkative, less curious, less funny, if I don’t sing as much….then he will love me. You know if I changed all those things , I would cease to be ME. I’d be some other girl.

Maybe I’ll find love , maybe I won’t. I’m done trying to morph myself into some twisted dog and pony show in the hopes of being someone’s prize.

I love the last 3 lines you wrote girl..spot on…maybe we find love..maybe we don’t..but won’t change for no man

7. Self love and care is of utmost importance… and nothing is beyond that

For many people, the concept of self-love might conjure images of tree-hugging hippies or cheesy self-help books. But, as many psychology studies attest, self-love and -compassion are key for mental health and well-being, keeping depression and anxiety at bay.

8. Manoj Nair says:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts

We all need a belief or theory to base our lives on.

9. lifeofstace says:

A couple here for me to remember ‘Don’t change you to fit in’

Take a moment to consider what your strengths are and be clear on your core values. It also helps to seek out like-minded people. Not only do we feel at ease with them, they also help us grow and flourish in accordance with our true selves.

Remember, everyone has their own version of ‘normal,’ and none of us are right or wrong. We should not expect ourselves to all be alike, but rather respect our differences and value our skills despite them being different.

10. dailyscreenz says:

Interesting post! I like to follow my own path, that is for sure (and given my recent post, not likely one laid out by a hedge fund!!:)

Which is okay. Everyone has the right to live their own way.