Get ready to maximise your potential, maximise your living with empress2inspire’s new posts series “Daily Dose of Living”. These series will bring you the best in personal development and productivity every day of the week. Your best life awaits.
Today we will learn about some rules which will live simpler lives. Yes these rules might vary depending upon life circumstances, where you are, what you do daily, so feel free to choose the ones that are most suitable to you :
- Clear your email inbox every Friday. Answer the email you have been putting off, create some small action pointers for next week, archive the ones that you won’t answer.
- Listen to podcasts and audio books instead of paper books. You can listen while travelling, while doing mundane tasks around the house, while cooking. Save times. Takes care of your carbon footprint as well.
- Get the important stuff done before everything else. Email, online reading and social media can take up your entire day so make sure you have taken care of the essential stuff before you get lost. Meditation and exercise is important stuff too.
- Wear the same thing everyday. Wait…what? But yea you read that right. A handful of clothes is okay to have. Relax. Create capsule wardrobes. You will look nice in anything.
- Eat the same thing everyday. Reserve eating out for special days, it not only takes care of your waistline but also your wallet. Make sure they are nutrient dense to avoid nutritional deficiencies. Do meal planning.
- Put limits on certain things. There are things that we all enjoy but we tend to overdo them because we like them too much…huh. Makes changes slowly, but make them.
- Treat activity like a scared ritual. In simple words, be mindful. Like pay attention to the soap and water when you are washing hands, pay attention to the vegetables when you are cutting them. Its relaxing. Be grateful that you able to do things you do. Some people don’t have basic privileges.
Its okay if you forget to follow these rule sometimes. But when you remember them, do follow through. See you tomorrow.