Get ready to maximise your potential, maximise your living with empress2inspire’s new posts series “Daily Dose of Living”. These series will bring you the best in personal development and productivity every day of the week. Your best life awaits.
Today’s post is about meditation. I have been meditating on an off for almost 6 years now and during these years there was a time when I was meditating 30 minutes a day sincerely. I can tell you that it has some cool profound effects. Even 10 days of meditation was major life experience. You become mindful of everything around you, you sleep better, your stress levels are down, random aches and pains no longer trouble you, you build resilience and the list can go on. Is there is a right way to meditate, I don’t think so. There are many schools of meditation and every one of them have their evidence based method of meditation for maximum benefit. So how should one meditate, here’s where I feel you can start :
- Posture – Whether you sit on a chair or cross legged on the floor, make sure your spine is upright and head up. Don’t slump.
- Eyes – Try to keep your eyes open. Open eyes allow you to be present. Just lower your eyes for your gaze to be soft.
- Focus – In ordinary consciousness, we are hardly ever present. Focus is not concentration. Pay soft attention to whatever you give your attention to, easiest is your breath, its consistent.
- Breath – Paying attention to your breath is a great way to anchor your attention to the present moment. Notice your breath streaming in and out.
- Counting Your Breath – If you find settling difficult, try counting your breath. It’s an ancient way of meditating. Count on your out breath. Count till 4 and then again start with 1.
More on meditation tips tomorrow. Watch out for Daily Dose of Living Posts for more inspiration.