Daily Dose of Living

Get ready to maximise your potential, maximise your living with empress2inspire’s new posts series “Daily Dose of Living”. These series will bring you the best in personal development and productivity every day of the week. Your best life awaits.

Today’s post is about meditation. I have been meditating on an off for almost 6 years now and during these years there was a time when I was meditating 30 minutes a day sincerely. I can tell you that it has some cool profound effects. Even 10 days of meditation was major life experience. You become mindful of everything around you, you sleep better, your stress levels are down, random aches and pains no longer trouble you, you build resilience and the list can go on. Is there is a right way to meditate, I don’t think so. There are many schools of meditation and every one of them have their evidence based method of meditation for maximum benefit. So how should one meditate, here’s where I feel you can start :

• Posture – Whether you sit on a chair or cross legged on the floor, make sure your spine is upright and head up. Don’t slump.
  • Eyes – Try to keep your eyes open. Open eyes allow you to be present. Just lower your eyes for your gaze to be soft.
  • Focus – In ordinary consciousness, we are hardly ever present. Focus is not concentration. Pay soft attention to whatever you give your attention to, easiest is your breath, its consistent.
  • Breath – Paying attention to your breath is a great way to anchor your attention to the present moment. Notice your breath streaming in and out.
  • Counting Your Breath – If you find settling difficult, try counting your breath. It’s an ancient way of meditating. Count on your out breath. Count till 4 and then again start with 1.

More on meditation tips tomorrow. Watch out for Daily Dose of Living Posts for more inspiration.

1. Liz says:

I can do this kind of meditation. But my favourite is lying down on my back with my eyes clothes, then going on one of my visualisations. Mostly it is imaging me sat on the beach, watching the sun set. Focusing on the red colours with tinges of orange.
    Maybe imagining hearing the gentle waves of the sea too, while watching it. But sometimes I don’t get that far, as I may have drifted off.

I once did a different meditation. It was walking through the woods, which I came across via a blog. I can’t remember if that was your blog, or someone elses. Having a different meditation from my usual made a refreshing change.

Adding visualization into your meditation mix allows you to better direct your relaxed mind toward specific outcomes you’d like to see. Plus, visualization is linked to many potential health benefits, including: increased athletic performance. relief of anxiety and depression symptoms.

1. Liz says:

I didn’t know of increased athletic performance.

It can improve any area of your life once you have internalised them.

2. Dreamer9177 says:

I started meditation after some bad experience with a medically induced coma and awful hallucinations. Meditating helped me to start processing and dealing with what I experienced.

People struggling with chronic pain or other medical conditions can use healing meditation to feel better in body and spirit. Some report dramatic results from healing meditation, while others simply appreciate the reduction in stress that comes from sitting quietly and focusing the mind.

3. annie says:

Beautiful ❤️

One of the best things about meditation, that practice of quietly observing your thoughts and feelings in your mind without judgment, is that you do not need anything to practice. No gadgets or gear are necessary. You can practice meditation on the subway. You can practice meditation in bed. You can practice meditation in the bath! Simply breathe in and notice that you are breathing in. Then breathe out and notice that you are breathing out. That’s it. You’re meditating! There is no need for any preparation or pomp. Just sit.

Getting prepared for meditation physically, mentally, and spiritually can enhance your meditative experience.

4. chocoperks says:

Just found your blog. These are really amazing. The point on how to calm adn focus by counting the breathings is really helpful. thank you.

Glad to see you here. Slow down, and pay attention to your breath. … This study found that paced breathing also uses neural networks beyond the brain stem that are tied to emotion, attention, and body awareness. By tapping into these networks using the breath, we gain access to a powerful tool for regulating our responses to stress.

5. etiennevcr says:

Dedicating everyday at least a few minutes of your brain towards nothing is definitely healthy even though it doesn’t sound like it’s worth it…until you start doing so.

Meditation brings the brainwave pattern into an alpha state that promotes healing. The mind becomes fresh, delicate, and beautiful. It cleanses and nourishes you from within and calms you, whenever you feel overwhelmed, unstable, or emotionally shut down.

6. Admin says:

Ah yes, the ancient power of meditation. Great advice! Thanks for sharing!💜

Meditation has been around since ancient history. With science and technological advancements, we are only rolling towards the knowledge that was always there. Scientists today approach meditation as an all-around solution to lifestyle malfunctions and have put forth some mind-boggling evidence on how meditation rewires the neural channels to promote inner peace and equilibrium.

7. I tried meditation for period. And yes, it was amazing. But I ‘ve been not good it practicing everyday these day. This is inspiring me to get back to it.

I am so glad you are now inspired to start meditation again. Good luck.