Get ready to maximise your potential, maximise your living with empress2inspire’s new posts series “Daily Dose of Living”. These series will bring you the best in personal development and productivity every day of the week. Your best life awaits.
In today’s post we will talk about Zen and the art of Ninja productivity. Consistent practice of Zen can increase your productivity. We are all productive in some aspects of our lives but in some other aspects of our lives we are the world’s biggest procrastinator. Being productive means being able to create something with ease and joy. In order to be productive, we need all our energy to be channeled. Take a stream, when it flows freely, water gushes along right from the mountains to the sea. But if you build dams and divert the course of the stream, fill it with rubble, the stream will have to use a lot of energy to circumvent and overcome the barriers in its way. We all have access to the pure steam of creativity. Many people throw barriers which impedes their natural productivity. The outcome can be stress, grief and loss of stream. So let’s see how you can crank up your productivity:
- It is better to go with opponents energy rather than go against it. So work with your inner opposing energy rather than against it to be productive. Don’t waste your energy fighting negative thoughts. Whenever you feel yourself creeping into self doubt, just brush it off saying not now. May sound bizarre but works. It helps you become aware of negative energy.
- Meditate. Through the practice of meditation you are able to control your mind and let go of pre fabricated ideas about self and society that have been embedded into you consciously or subconsciously by your family members or teachers early in your life. Meditation will you tell who you are really in your core.
- Connect with your core life force. The ancient Chinese called the core life force as Chi. They imagined it crossing through the body along some pathways. In order to be productive we should connect with the life at the core of our being. How to do it? Through Meditation and Mindful exercise. Start today. Start now.
- The Passion thing. If you are passionate about what you do, you will be more productive. I am able to churn out 7 posts a day on this blog along with managing a full time job as an executive leader is only because I am passionate about spreading information about health and wellness among the people. Passion is an expression of live force. Find your passion.
- Do more of what you love. Well this one’s easy. When you look at your life, what percentage of your waking time is taken up by activities that you are passionate about? In my life, most of my waking time is spent in doing things I love whether it is writing on my blog or working with my team at work. Love more of what you do to let the life force flow through you.
- Procrastination is okay. There are some tasks which stay a drag no matter how you look at them and that is why we tend to procrastinate. Here’s a blog post which will help you how to tackle boring tasks > https://empress2inspire.blog/2020/06/23/tips-to-tackle-boring-tasks/https://empress2inspire.blog/2020/06/23/tips-to-tackle-boring-tasks/
- Do too much. When you take on too much it heightens your productivity but you have to be careful not to get overwhelmed. If you do get overwhelmed, here’s what you can do > wear an elastic wrist band > make a list of things to do or holding in your head > focus on the task in hand > when you mind started getting distracting with any other task, take the wrist band and move it on the other wrist > repeat as necessary.
Productivity is not just about creating something positive, it is simply about having more joy in life. When you create something, whatever it may be, you feel alive and the joy of creation will pervade all areas of life.
Hope these helps. Do things which bring you joy, everything else will follow.