Get ready to maximise your potential, maximise your living with empress2inspire’s new posts series “Daily Dose of Living”. These series will bring you the best in personal development and productivity every day of the week. Your best life awaits.
In today’s post we will continue to learn about mindfulness for our super busy lives. The best method anyone can offer for learning to be present, the best method for practicing, is to focus on it for one month. Make focusing on being present a habit. If you make it your only focus, it’s guarantee you’ll get better at it, and more importantly, you’ll get into the habit of remembering to focus, of remembering to practice, of being more aware. Let’s see how can you be more mindful :
- Do one thing at a time. Single-task, don’t multi-task. Zen proverb: “When walking, walk. When eating, eat.”
- Do it slowly and deliberately. Make your actions deliberate, not rushed and random. It takes practice, but it helps you focus on the task.
- Do less. If you do less, you can do those things more slowly, more completely and with more concentration. It’s a matter of figuring out what’s important, and letting go of what’s not.
- Put space between things. It’s a way of managing your schedule so that you always have time to complete each task. Don’t schedule things too close, leave room in between on your schedule.
- Spend at least 5 minutes each day doing nothing. Become comfortable with the silence and stillness. It’ll do you a world of good — and just takes 5 minutes!
- Stop worrying about the future – focus on the present. Learn to recognise when you’re doing this, and then practice bringing yourself back to the present.
- When you’re talking to someone, be present. Focus on being present, on really listening, on really enjoying your time with that person.
- Eat slowly and savour your food. Savor each bite, slowly, and really get the most out of your food. Interestingly, you’ll eat less this way, and digest your food better as well.
- Live slowly and savor your life. Just as you would savor your food by eating it more slowly, do everything this way — slow down and savor each and every moment.
- Make cleaning and cooking become meditation. Put your entire mind into those tasks, concentrate, and do them slowly and completely. It could change your entire day.
- Keep practicing. When you get frustrated, just take a deep breath. When you ask yourself, “What should I do now, Self?”, the answer is “keep practicing”.
“Do you have patience to wait till your mud settles and the water is clear? Can you remain unmoving till the right action arises by itself?” – Lao Tzu
Here’s some more inspiration on how self love and mindfulness > https://empress2inspire.blog/2021/01/17/daily-dose-of-self-love-17/
Come back tomorrow for more daily dose on living.