Self-love is one of my favorite topics to write about, but it’s occurred to me lately that I haven’t spent a great deal of time writing about one of the foundations of this important topic — self-awareness. Self-awareness is conscious knowledge of one’s own character, feelings, motives, and desires, and it’s presence is essential for loving who you are. You might be thinking, But I know who I am! Of course, we all know ourselves on some level, but self-awareness is something we should— and can!— always be contemplating. Because we’re always growing, changing, becoming, to truly know the self, we must constantly be curious about who we are.
Here are some thought provoking question you may want to answer for improving your self awareness scale :
- How do I deal with challenges in my life?
- How do I respond when plans change or plans get cancelled without my say so?
- How do I deal with change? New job, new course, new lifestyle, new people, new rules, new technology – do I tend to avoid it, welcome it, fear it, like it, complains about it, stress out about it, worry about it?
- How do I deal with stressful situations? Do I tend to worry a lot? What else do I do?
- How do I respond to situations that force me to get out of my comfort zone?
- How do I deal with rejection?
Come back tomorrow for more thought provoking questions.