Self-love is one of my favorite topics to write about, but it’s occurred to me lately that I haven’t spent a great deal of time writing about one of the foundations of this important topic — self-awareness. Self-awareness is conscious knowledge of one’s own character, feelings, motives, and desires, and it’s presence is essential for loving who you are. You might be thinking, But I know who I am! Of course, we all know ourselves on some level, but self-awareness is something we should— and can!— always be contemplating. Because we’re always growing, changing, becoming, to truly know the self, we must constantly be curious about who we are.
Here are some thought provoking question you may want to answer for improving your self awareness scale :
- How do I respond to someone who is different from me or whose ideals and beliefs I don’t agree with or understand?
- How do I respond to bad or inconvenient news?
- How do I deal with the violence, hate and suffering in thee world?
- How do I recharge, rejuvenate, and replenish my energy?
- How much do I prioritise spending time and energy on myself and on my passions?
- How fulfilling in my everyday life?
Hope these questions helped you in generating some self awareness.