Happiness has to be understood? Sadly, Yes. We all want to be happy, and there are plenty of people telling us how it can be achieved. The positive psychology movement, indeed, has established happiness as a scientific concept within everyone’s grasp. But is happiness really something we can actively aim for, or is it simply a by-product of how we live our lives more widely?
In this series of post we will try to uncover some common words and situations which bring about the feelings of happiness in people. Let’s look at some words associated with it :
Let’s now look at some prompting events for feeling happiness :
- Receiving a wonderful surprise
- Reality exceeding your expectations
- Getting what you want
- Getting something you have worked hard for or worried about.
- Things turning out better than you thought they would.
- Being successful at a task.
- Achieviing a desiravle outcome.
- Receiving esteem, respect, or praise.
- Receiving love, liking, or affection.
- Being accepted by others.
- Belonging somewhere or with someone or a group.
- Being with or in contact with people who love or like you.
- Having very pleasurable sensations.
- Doing things that create or bring to mind pleasurable sensations
As an adult, if you really want to be happy, you will have to dissolve the fears, and fear based beliefs in your mind. As adults you do not have the choice to be innocent like children, but you can be free of fear. To do this you will have to control the opinions and knowledge in your mind instead of letting it control you. To free your self from fear, you will have to become wise. It is through this wisdom, or what I call awareness, that you can live in a vast, unfathomable world, and be happy.
Here are some habits which may be blocking your happiness > https://empress2inspire.blog/2021/01/03/habits-that-block-your-happiness-part-1/
Come back tomorrow and we will talk about changes ans experiences caused by happiness.