Confidence. It’s one of those things we often envy in others, wondering how they so effortlessly present themselves to the world. Maybe you’re one of those people who comes across as really confident but is filled with self-doubt underneath. Or, perhaps you used to be really confident until so-and-so or such-and-such robbed you of your self-belief. We all know that greater confidence would make a big difference to our lives but many of us believe it’s a quality you’re either born with or you’re not…Not true.
Confidence, rather like a muscle, can be developed. I know this from personal experience and it all started when I began to look inside myself for answers. As a confidence and performance coach, I specialise in helping people rediscover their ‘mojo’. Life can knock us down but we can all choose to get up. I’m not saying it’s easy or quick but with consistent work you can change.
Here are some pillars to self confidence :
- Be more self aware – Know what you want to beat self doubt. Have full control of your life.
- Take action – Face and challenges your fears!! Take action anyway. Be encourages, you will be okay no matter what!!
- Get to know yourself – Discover your true self. Acknowledge your values, beliefs, strength. Be comfortable in who you truly are.
- Be empathetic 24/7 – Understand that everyone is trying to have their needs met! No need to take things personally anymore, it’s never really against YOU!
- Accept yourself – Exactly that!! You have amazing qualities! You don’t have to be perfect to be loved and happy!
- Understand you emotions – Understand the position intention of every kind of emotion! Control every behaviour you have!
- Realise that no one is better than you – You are amazing just because you are YOU!! There is none like you!!
- Take care of yourself – Have time for yourself. Get some time to “recharge” your batteries.
- Be authentic, 100% yourself – Embrace your uniqueness!! Being authentic, you get zero competition!!
- Practice this skill – Self confidence is a skill to develop! Practice it a lot, and you’ll improve on it. It’s like playing piano, you improve by practising.
- Look at your accomplishments – What have you achieved in your life? Count your successes instead of your failings!!
- Have self confidence heroes – Look up to 2 or 3 of your SUPER confidence heroes. Imagine what they would do or feel when in your situation!