You Are Stronger Than You Think

on

It’s funny, isn’t it? We have a tendency to exaggerate our problems, challenges and struggles while often selling ourselves short when it comes to competence, strength and courage. This habit is hard enough to break even when we’re trying to grow, but if we aren’t even aware of what we’re doing, it’s impossible to change what’s really a self-defeating behavior that slows us down!

Believe me, I know how challenging life can be. I, like most people, have had some difficult stretches in my life. I’ve felt scared and lonely and wondered how dark it might get and how long it might last. But ironically it’s because of those challenging days that I also had a chance to discover that I could dig deeper. I was more capable, and in the end I uncovered the ability to get thru these difficult days with a certain amount of grace. When all was said and done, I was much stronger than I thought!

Once I realized that I was stronger than I thought, I was in a position to talk with myself differently. I knew that I could get through dark days and that my capacity to not only get through, but also to move forward, was an ability I could harness to make some of my big dreams begin to unfold. I could use this strength to not only survive, but now I could channel it in directions where I would have the opportunity to thrive.

I’m reminded of the old Gloria Gaynor song, “I will survive.” For me that amazing song wasn’t just about getting through something; it was a recognition that I was going to be more than just OK. It meant that better days were ahead and I was going to be taking charge to make those days happen!

I wish the same for you too, and I hope this song gives you the hope and inspiration to keep moving forward.

1. Jan says:

This made me smile. I find myself saying I’m not as strong as everyone else thinks I am but you’re right!!

Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. – Winnie the Poo

1. Jan says:

♥️

2. Yes! Great post. We are indeed stronger than we think, more marvellous that we believe and far more valuable than all of the world’s wealth. Cheers. An inspiring piece. Thank you.

Most welcome Suzette

👍🏼

1. Human Being says:

Hehehe. Thanks

3. Thank you for this! It was such a gift. I just played this song and it did, in fact, make me feel strong. Then I thought of one to give back to you. Now, I’m an old soul and usually prefer older music to the contemporary. Nonetheless…you should listen to Better Days, by Ant Clemons & Justin Timberlake. Please, let me know what you think.

Ah let me listen to that song. Thank you for the suggestion. Glad you liked the post

4. Sowmya says:

Inspiring post. I have gone through such similar phases in life and as you said I have emerged to be a stronger woman now

Strength is often a fleeting thing. It comes and goes, sometimes leaving us when we need it most. When tragedy or heartbreak strikes, we need those we love to hold us up, come together, and offer words of encouragement. I am glad you found this article today 🙂

1. Sowmya says:

Yes indeed. Totally agree with you

5. I seem to have lived my life with that Gloria Gaynor song, playing in the background. It always cheered me up and I did survive and became stronger because of my survival. Thanks for the memory. 🙂🙏💙🦸‍♀️❤

Most welcome Carolyn. I am so glad we all can identify with this post some way or another. “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
      — Christopher Robin

1. Always a joy and pleasure to read and share your posts with followers, My Dear! Hope you have a great day!! xoxox 😘💕🎁🌹

6. c.f. leach says:

Enjoyed the post! Greater is He that is in us than He who is in the world! And if God be for us then who can be against us? Blessings and Peace!

7. Thank you for sharing lovely post sometimes we all need that reminder that we have within us the strength to overcome and achieve anything. 🌼💛

Most welcome. We can do anything in life indeed