Hear Your Conscience

on

We all know what are right and wrong actions, and hopefully we avoid indulging in the negative ones and creating negative karma for ourselves! But maybe we don’t realize the subtle karma of our thoughts. A judgemental, jealous or derisory thought about others will lead to ill feelings, which will lead to an off tone and harsh words, which in turn gives sorrow and pain. And, if I have planted the seeds of grief in another, then I will only reap the same for myself somewhere down the line. On the other hand, if my heart is clean and I can rest assured that there have been no bad actions, ill judgment or criticism on my part, then I can remain light and innocent, no matter what! Even if someone tries to accuse me of something, because of a clear conscience, I remain content and do not need to defend myself.

The secret to keeping our thoughts and actions positive is to learn to constantly monitor our thoughts. If we start to entertain negative thoughts about others, then they will soon begin to escalate.

The trick is to nip the thought in its bud! Do not allow it to grow. We ourselves are not perfect, and yet our vision falls on the imperfections of others and what they do. But if instead we continue to practice seeing virtues (and everyone has some good qualities!) and being positive, then that will keep my life happy and peaceful.

Do not ignore your conscience; it is your measuring stick of happiness. If you feel something pulling at you, then it is likely that you need to pay some attention to it. Our conscience keeps us on track, it reminds us not to veer too far off in the wrong direction. Our conscience is that pure part of us that remains untainted and therefore we can trust it totally. Conscience is my inner voice guiding me to the truth. When I can hear it clearly, and I stay in alignment with it, I feel good

And, just to finish, no one is giving us sorrow except ourselves. As we keep all of the past hurts and grief buried inside, we burden ourselves. Then we cannot remain light and we cannot experience lightness in relationships. There may be some self-forgiveness required in the cleaning process. For when we are clear with ourselves, and our conscience is clear, we clear the path to good relationships.

It’s Time… to clean the mind and to hear the conscience. Your conscience is your guide that is keeping you on the straight and narrow. Only with a clean mind and clear conscience will we experience inner happiness.

1. jwmin1 says:

Interesting, I understand your point and the idea that conscience is the yardstick or measure common to all. Fundamentally, conscience is an arbiter in the direction we follow, but there is an aspect of conscience we can train and develop its sensitivity. This acts to prevent, it is proactive rather than the reactive tool. It prevents us from starting down a road to wrong.
    Interesting post

Your conscience is the part of your personality that helps you determine between right and wrong and keeps you from acting upon your most basic urges and desires. It is what makes you feel guilty when you do something bad and good when you do something kind.

2. kinge says:

Well put.

Does consciousness in this context refer to our gut feelings or innate intelligence of right and wrong?

Our soul

🙏🏼🙏🏼

Thank you Prakaash. It is not the physical form that we possess that makes us human; instead, it is the inner voice of ours that lets us know what is human or inhuman. This inner voice is our conscience which tells us what should be or shouldn’t be done. Some pay heed to it and follow it while others ignore it, and that’s where the difference between human and inhuman lies. For example, a dolphin saving a dog from drowning is much more human than a man cheating others for selfish gains. Thus, humanity has nothing to do with external looks but is concerned with the internal mechanism of paying heed to your inner voice.

1. Excellent explanation 🌷🌷🌷👌👌👌👌🙏👍

Thank you again. Have a great day ahead

1. Always a joy and pleasure to read and share your posts with followers, My Dear! Hope you have a great day!! xoxox 😘💕🎁🌹