Start A New Diet

on

You are, in a vast proportion, what you eat. Trying a new diet would often be the only needed change for a dramatic boost of your health and energy. Don’t have to be raw food, or even vegetarian, whatever works for you.

When you start a new diet you change the energy sources you are connected to. On the physical level, we, humans, acquire a vast part of our energy by eating. Changing the quality of your food, as simple and dumb as it may seem, can have a huge impact on your life.

Remember, you are, in a vast proportion, what you eat.

How To Start A New Diet

Ever wondered why is so difficult to change your diet? Why there is such an enormous industry of dieting in the first place? Well, it’s because it’s hard. Really.

For hundreds of years we’ve been hardwiring our brains to get pleasure from food. And we did this to the point where the main function of the food – nutrition, that is – became the secondary function. In an almost unbelievable twist of perspective, we’re consciously choosing something that is bad for our health, (for our survival, eventually), only because it gives us pleasure.

There are two insertion points where you can intervene, though.

First, is what you consume visually, the information at which you’re exposed. And second, it’s the physical level, the one that you’re putting to work, so to speak, when you eat: taste, digestion, and so on.

The first insertion point is the most difficult. If you still live in a world where “news” is important for you, this would be tough. The mainstream media is a huge manipulation machine, well oiled, extremely effective and very toxic. It’s so powerful that there is only one way you can beat it: by not engaging with it. Simply stop watching TV. Or, as I often say: “I do watch a lot of TV, but I seldom turn it on”. Stop reading newspapers. The main point is not to be exposed to advertising.

I’m not saying you should go on a desert island, or that you should become one. We still need information, but we can change the sources. Crowdsourced information, like social networks, is better than mainstream media. The degree to which social networks can be controlled or manipulated is not (at least, until now) as high as for television, for instance. If you crave news, or information, get them from social networks.

And second, when it comes to physical level, you can do at least two things.

First, try to detach from pleasure. Just eat because it keeps you healthy, not because it tastes good. I know, it’s hard. We’re brainwashed for decades that food should be tasty. But at least try. Eat for your health, not for your pleasure.

And second, if you still need pleasure, experiment. Find your own style. Yeah, that’s right, I’m talking about cooking. Cook your own meals and find your own taste. It’s not spectacular, but it’s effective.

And what’s even more effective, is to cook for someone else.

Although reducing your intake of salt, refined sugar, fat and caffeine will undoubtedly be good for you in the long run, a drastic change in diet can lead to short-term discomfort – think grinding headaches, leaden sluggishness, embarrassing bloating and a hangry temper.

Thank you for sharing.

1. WAJEEHA says:

helpful though

Thank you!

Thank you for sharing.

1. Always a joy and pleasure to read and share your posts with followers, My Dear! Hope you have a great day!! xoxox 😘💕🎁🌹

2. Dew says:

oh this is a gem! thank you! I have been trying to convince few people in my life to eat food as a necessity and not as an luxury. it’s beautiful what food does to you when you have this perspective of food. Having said this, I am a huge foodie and I love to try out and experiment new tastes but I can only eat that much. Sometimes, even a full cone of ice cream is way too much for me. I have learnt to stop eating what I eat (in terms of quantity) no sooner my brain sends me a signal that it is “enough”. When you learn to do this, you can just stare at piece of chocolate cake and not desire to eat it as you know you don’t need right now, thought it’s there infront of your face calling your name out.

Wow Dew. How can you look at food and still not eat it? Looking at good releases hunger hormone. Ghrelin is produced in the stomach and is responsible for creating appetite by acting on a region in your brain known for controlling the amount of food you eat. When you see a photo of delicious food, ghrelin is rapidly released into the bloodstream, causing a spike in your appetite.

1. Dew says:

Wow. the knowledge you have. Amazing. I was never able to do so. I trained my self to do so when I was rock bottom financially and could not indulge in food like I used to. I started eating lesser quantities but nutrious basic food. After that experience I realized I can do control certain elements with my mind. I guess my body and mind just kind of came to some agreement. I eat well, (please do not think I am on some mad diet.. I am not!) but I can just say no to something if I just didnt feel like eating it eventhough it’s served on a platter and reserved for me. I guess as we grow older we tend to aquire new and different tastes.

Haha I am a physician…medical knowledge actually comes easily to me

3. Dew says:

ooh.. I am so sorry for my ignorance. now it all makes sense. 🙂

Hahah no problem…you are good!