Be Grateful for Life Sucking

Welcome fellow souls to « The Human Family Crash Course Series, » a new project collaborated together by empress2inspire.blog and dios-raw.com. Together we will be working on a different topic for each crash course; our ninth topic is focused on «Grounding». Each topic will have ten posts with posts on Mondays and Thursdays. We hope you enjoy our series and we look forward to knowing how our posts have inspired you!

If you are going through a hard time right now, you might want to smack anyone who would suggest that you find something to be grateful for, but there is a part of you that wants to feel better, that wants to have some hope. You may also be thinking that this is just a post and I can never be able to understand what you are going through. That is the truth, no one can ever fully get you because your story is unique, everyone’s story is unique. But pain is pain and we all have had our share.

Learning to be grateful in dire situations takes practice. If you are facing a bad situation, ask yourself:

– What are the positives that can come from this?

– What lesson do I need to learn from this?

– How can I turn this into an opportunity?

How do you get into the Habit of Practising Gratitude?

Being grateful, looking for opportunities and lessons in whatever situation you are facing is not going to be an automatic reaction overnight, it takes practice.

1. Keep a Gratitude Diary

Make a daily habit of writing down at least 3 things you are grateful for every day. I had a gratitude diary I used for this purpose, but you could start each night with writing in your journal 3 things you are grateful for then documenting anything else you want.

2. Ask Yourself Questions

Put the questions above (what are the positives that can come from this? What lesson do I need to learn from this? How can I turn this into an opportunity), in a note on your phone to refer to when needed. When something is happening and you need help, look at it, ask yourself those questions and write down your answers.

3. Have Positive Discussions

When you talk with other people, instead of listing out all your problems or complaining about everything, discuss the good things in your life or if you do need to talk to someone about your problems, look for solutions as you do it. We all need someone to talk to and I am not saying don’t ask for help.  Talk with whoever you need, look for solutions or ask them to help you look for solutions then take action. Don’t dwell on the negative. Studies have shown the positive effects gratitude has on our health, career, relationships and life overall. In my life, when I have been consciously practising an attitude of gratitude, I have found it easier to find solutions to my problems, my personal life improves, and more.  My brain actively seeks out the solutions I want to the problems I face instead of focusing on the problem. As a result, my life improves. When I am not focused on gratitude and I allow negative thoughts to consume me, I spiral down, things in my life don’t go the way I want/need and I find it difficult to dig myself out of the dark hole I end up in.

1. jr cline says:

I’ve kept a gratitude journal for 7 years. It truly makes a difference.

The benefits of practicing gratitude are nearly endless. People who regularly practice gratitude by taking time to notice and reflect upon the things they’re thankful for experience more positive emotions, feel more alive, sleep better, express more compassion and kindness, and even have stronger immune systems.

2. Agree that these are important to ask and answer to the best of ability – –”What are the positives that can come from this? – What lesson do I need to learn from this? – How can I turn this into an opportunity?”

Being thankful helps you to think more about other people’s feelings — this is called empathy (being able to see things from another person’s view). Being thankful also helps you get through life’s tough times, because you can easily call to mind all of the good things in your life.

1. Agree – thanks for your comment

3. Being grateful is a matter of trying to maintain a positive attitude. True, this can a challenge in the times we are experiencing, but be grateful for even the smallest of life’s gifts.

Gratitude is a thankful appreciation for what an individual receives, whether tangible or intangible. With gratitude, people acknowledge the goodness in their lives. … Gratitude helps people feel more positive emotions, relish good experiences, improve their health, deal with adversity, and build strong relationships.

4. KJ says:

Pain is pain. Thanks for speaking on this. Just had an unexpected health issue hit my beloved partner and I need to remember to look at it through the lense of gratitude and open mind…

Thank you for sharing.

1. Always a joy and pleasure to read and share your posts with followers, My Dear! Hope you have a great day!! xoxox 😘💕🎁🌹

Thank you for sharing.