Here are some hacks to help you stop wasting your time
Try the 2-minutes Rules – Most of the tasks you procrastinate on aren’t difficult to complete
– The first part of this rule is that if a task takes under two-minutes or less to complete, do it immediately. Example : Responding to an email or tossing your laundry into the dryer.
– The second part of this rule is what when starting new habits, it should take less than 2 minutes to do.
– Once we get started, “we perceive the task as much less aversive than we do when we’re avoiding it.”
Set Macro goals and Micro quotas
– Macro Goals should be your big-picture items.
– Micro quotas are the minimum amount fo work you must do daily to make your bigger goals a reality.
– Quotas makes each day approachable. And your goals become achievable because of this.
– A quote by Tim Ferris : “Two crappy pages. That is my quota. Everyday, I have to write two crappy pages. That’s it. If I write two crappy work pages, that day is a win.”
Working on a Single-task
– Multitasking is ineffective and of the biggest time wasters around.
– That’s because the human brain can only focus on one things at a time
– Do one thing at a time.
– Eliminate distractions.
– Create a priority list.
– Take frequent breaks.
Prioritise Like You’re Going On Vacation
– Think about your day as if you leave tomorrow on a ling cruise with no internet connection.
– What do you do?
– Do you delegate?
– What do you ditch?
– Suddenly you’re hyper-aware and more efficient because the stakes are higher.
Create and Stick to Deadlines
– Things lag, just go on and on, and internet wanes if you don’t use clear time frames for projects and goals.
– Time frames creates a sense of urgency and build momentum. Momentum creates speed.
Forgive Yourself – Forgiveness allows the individuals to move past their maladaptive behaviour and focus on the upcoming tasks without the burden of past acts to hinder doing it.
– We often avoid doing things that makes up feel bad.
– That pent-up guilt of wasting time will keep repeating.
But, if you forgive yourself, you’ll be able to break that cycle.
Contribute to the blog- PayPal.Me/spiritualGS