The highest aim of any spiritual path is surrender. Although you may associate the word surrender with defeat or weakness, it is the most powerful spiritual action, offering you infinite freedom and possibilities. Surrender is trusting that God, the Universe, or a higher intelligence can accomplish anything, even when you can’t foresee the outcome of a situation.
At the level of spirit, everything is always unfolding perfectly, and you don’t have to struggle or force situations to go your way. It is only your ego-mind that believes you are an isolated individual trying to survive in a hostile world. In truth, you are a spiritual being. When you surrender to Spirit and listen to voice of your deeper intelligence, you end the struggle. You free yourself from fear and doubt and release the obstacles your ego has created.
Here are a few steps you can start to lead a more spiritual life :
- Breathe the morning air and thank the Earth aloud for a new day.
- Eat foods that treat your body like a temple.
- Start the day with an affirmation.
- Visit new age stores and look around.
- Touch plants and trees and imagine the life flowing through their roots.
- Get grounded and walk with bare feet in the dirt or grass.
- Quiet your thoughts and focus on sounds when out in nature.
- Focus a minute of time on the sky, the clouds, the stars.
- Collect sacred stones and gems, learn their meaning.