Us humans are kind of weird at times: we can train our bodies to lift heavy weights or run incredible distances, yet sometimes we manage to fall while walking on an even surface or mistake left and right five times a day. But even despite all of the weirdness, our bodies are capable of some pretty amazing things that never cease to surprise us. Turns out there are a lot of things our bodies can do that can make our lives so much easier – and you’re about to learn it all.
Here are some weird body hacks our bodies can do :
- Brain Freeze? Press your tongue against the roof of your mouth and cover as much surface area as possible to alleviate the painful tingling sensation.
- Remedy in itch in your throat by scratching your ears.
- To feel more awake, press down on the bridge of your nose between your eyebrows.
- Have trouble hearing someone talk at a party? Lean in with your right ear, which is better at picking up conversation.
- To prevent acid reflux after a heavy meal, sleep on your left side.
- To suppress a gag reflex, make a fist and squeeze your left thumb with the same hand.
- To hold your breath underwater for longer, hyperventilate before taking a deep dive.
- Difficulty swallowing a pill? Place in mouth and tilt your head forward so that the pill naturally moves towards the back of your throat.
- Reduce toothache pain by rubbing the back of the web between your thumb and index finger with ice.