Welcome fellow souls to “The Human Family Crash Course Series,” a new project collaborated together by empress2inspire.blog and sensispirit.wordpress.com. Together we will be working on a different topic for each crash course; our first topic is focused on “Self Love.” Each topic will have eight posts with posts on Mondays and Thursdays. We hope you enjoy our series and we look forward to knowing how our posts have inspired you!
The only one who gets to decide your worth is you. It doesn’t come from your bank account or the number of friends you have. It doesn’t come from what someone else says you are worth. And it doesn’t come from a number on the scale or the number of nights you go out..it’s called self worth for a reason, your worth comes from you. It comes from being yourself and being proud of who you are. It comes from being someone that you can count on and being someone you love. Because when it comes down to it, the numbers will change. But what won’t change is who you are deep inside – beautiful, limitless, wonderful, creative, strong, capable, and that is where you worth comes from. ~ Walk the Earth
Your divine potential is within your reach. You are powerful, purposeful and valuable. Most of us have had troubles with confidence in the past. We know what it takes to live your best life. It has to do with positive abundance based thinking.
Here’s how you can measure yourself in healthy ways :
- You were born with the ultimate right to experience a human life. That is self worth right here. You are alive and you were created on this earth to contribute. You are worthy and valued.
- Self worth is also what you think about yourself. I mean do you truly know yourself? The above measurements, the unhealthy ones just tell you how to feel but they don’t tell your value. Self Worth should come from within. The foundations from within should be learning how to love yourself, talk positively to yourself, start a relationship with yourself, hush your inner critic, encourage yourself everyday, accept yourself for who you are.
- Learning to support yourself mentally. After you start to build a relationship with yourself, you begin to trust yourself through thick and thin. You can make yourself happy, sad, mad etc. You can control how you react to those feelings or situations. Having all feelings is normal but we cannot allow ourselves to be in a self loathing mindset for long. Bring gratitude and positive thinking in your life.
- Be present in the moment. For example, when you make yourself a cup of tea, do you really enjoy it or do you just unconsciously eat or drink? Being present means stop, slow down and be present in what you are doing right now. Take the time and enjoy the cup of tea, smell it, taste it. If you are present, you can also start to deep breathe.
- Do not compare yourself to others. If you have friends and family which make you feel like competing whether it is for material things (cars, devices, clothes), appearance, status. When you are constantly comparing yourself to these people, you are most likely tying your self worth to these things. You will always be chasing after the next best thing.
To know about the unhealthy way you measure your self worth, tap here > What is Self Worth?
Based on these things, think of ways you think you are worth. Are they healthy or unhealthy?