How to Measure Your Self Worth

Welcome fellow souls to “The Human Family Crash Course Series,” a new project collaborated together by empress2inspire.blog and sensispirit.wordpress.com. Together we will be working on a different topic for each crash course; our first topic is focused on “Self Love.” Each topic will have eight posts with posts on Mondays and Thursdays. We hope you enjoy our series and we look forward to knowing how our posts have inspired you!

Self Worth

The only one who gets to decide your worth is you. It doesn’t come from your bank account or the number of friends you have. It doesn’t come from what someone else says you are worth. And it doesn’t come from a number on the scale or the number of nights you go out..it’s called self worth for a reason, your worth comes from you. It comes from being yourself and being proud of who you are. It comes from being someone that you can count on and being someone you love. Because when it comes down to it, the numbers will change. But what won’t change is who you are deep inside – beautiful, limitless, wonderful, creative, strong, capable, and that is where you worth comes from. ~ Walk the Earth

Your divine potential is within your reach. You are powerful, purposeful and valuable. Most of us have had troubles with confidence in the past. We know what it takes to live your best life. It has to do with positive abundance based thinking.

Here’s how you can measure yourself in healthy ways :

• You were born with the ultimate right to experience a human life. That is self worth right here. You are alive and you were created on this earth to contribute. You are worthy and valued.
  • Self worth is also what you think about yourself. I mean do you truly know yourself? The above measurements, the unhealthy ones just tell you how to feel but they don’t tell your value. Self Worth should come from within. The foundations from within should be learning how to love yourself, talk positively to yourself, start a relationship with yourself, hush your inner critic, encourage yourself everyday, accept yourself for who you are.
  • Learning to support yourself mentally. After you start to build a relationship with yourself, you begin to trust yourself through thick and thin. You can make yourself happy, sad, mad etc. You can control how you react to those feelings or situations. Having all feelings is normal but we cannot allow ourselves to be in a self loathing mindset for long. Bring gratitude and positive thinking in your life.
  • Be present in the moment. For example, when you make yourself a cup of tea, do you really enjoy it or do you just unconsciously eat or drink? Being present means stop, slow down and be present in what you are doing right now. Take the time and enjoy the cup of tea, smell it, taste it. If you are present, you can also start to deep breathe.
  • Do not compare yourself to others. If you have friends and family which make you feel like competing whether it is for material things (cars, devices, clothes), appearance, status. When you are constantly comparing yourself to these people, you are most likely tying your self worth to these things. You will always be chasing after the next best thing.

To know about the unhealthy way you measure your self worth, tap here > What is Self Worth?

Based on these things, think of ways you think you are worth. Are they healthy or unhealthy?

1. I love this post. I feel like I have a very healthy self worth. I’ve been working on really slowing down and listening to what my body is telling me. It’s been an interesting process.

1. DiosRaw - Amber says:

That’s brilliant to hear. The body has an intelligence, it will tell you what it needs and silence speaks. 🙏

2. Deskraven says:

Great write! I have both healthy and unhealthy self criticisms, although, my self worth is not linked to my appearance. It has more to do with the way I manage my mental health. I think it is also important to remember that your self worth is not based on what your parents do or don’t think about you. Looking forward to more from you.

3. Quite right. But I have such difficulty arguing with myself.

1. DiosRaw - Amber says:

Maybe look into doing short meditations to silence your mind, imagine balloons taking your thoughts away or your thoughts as clouds passing. Observe them and see what you are arguing about, is it necessary for your self-worth and love..

4. ThisIsMe says:

Thanks for the wise words!

Glad you liked them. Self-love has many benefits; the first benefit is greater life satisfaction. When we love ourselves more we instantly change our perspective of the world. Self-love can give us a more positive attitude towards life. … Another important benefit of self-love is better mental health.

1. ThisIsMe says:

I definitely need to learn that.

🙌🏼🙌🏼

5. DiosRaw - Amber says:

Brilliant post that we can benefit from. Self-love is the key to opening many doorways in this lifetime.

It is it is 👍🏼

Glad you liked the article K.

2. DiosRaw - Amber says:

🙏❣

1. Always a pleasure to read and share your posts with followers, My Dear!!
        😊💕🌹✨

6. I tend to identify as a “human doing” rather than a human being, and it’s taken me a long time to change that perception. The interesting thing is that I would say I am benefiting myself and others far more by focusing on who I am and what I can do rather than responding to what I think other people expect of me. After all, the may not have any expectations, at which point I’m merely projecting my own insecurities and doubts onto other people.
    Wise words, thank you for sharing.

“Who I am” is something external to me, referring to your persona as perceived by the public; it might include your status, position etc. “What I am” is internal perception of yourself and it could be drastically different from “who I am”. “What I am” probably defines your true nature that you only would find and know.

1. That makes sense. I think that I struggle often to identify the difference between the two, as a result of which my internal perception of myself is too often influenced by how I think other people perceive me and my actions. Gnothi seauton as they say.

The matter of who we are in other people’s eyes is a particularly salient for introverts, since we tend to keep so much of ourselves to ourselves. We pride ourselves on our introspection and on the way we don’t need a lot of other people to feel complete. But I wonder if, by holding our cards close to our chests, we are missing out on the insight other people’s perceptions of us can provide, as well as the emotional nourishment we can reap from letting our vulnerability show sometimes. (Just sometimes. I still suffer embarrassment when I feel like I’ve revealed too much. Like this comment. Deep breath.

3. DiosRaw - Amber says: