Who doesn’t want more love, collaboration and better conflict resolution in their marriage? One of the best perks is just having a safe place to discuss hard things. Don’t bottle up little annoyances until they explode. If something bothers you, file it away to discuss in inventory that week. Sitting on it for a few days tends to weed out the big issues from the little issues, so prevent unnecessary fights mid-week over little stuff, while having a safe place to discuss the big stuff.
Here are some marriage check in questions :
- What is something specific I did last week that made you feel loved, honoured, and/or respected? If you didn’t feel this way, explain why not.
- What does you upcoming week entail? What is something specific I can do this week to help you feel loved, honoured, and/or respected?
- How can I pray for you?
- What else would you like to share with me?
- What progress have we made towards the goals we set for this year? What things remain for us to do to achieve them?
- Does it seems that there is anything keeping one or both of us from God’s best in our lives? What can I do to alleviate whatever it is that’s holding us back?
- Are you satisfied with the way we share responsibilities? Explain why or why not.
- Is there anything I do (or fail to do) that seems to indicate lack of wholehearted commitment to our marriage?
- In what characteristic or attribute would you like to see me grow? Explain why.
- Are you satisfied with the frequency and quality of our physical intimacy?
Have that chat these holidays. Something good will definitely come out of it.