Values are what we find meaningful in life. They are what you care about and consider to be important. Values are different for everybody, and they can change over time. Values are different from goals. Put crudely, goals can be achieved whereas values are more like compass directions that we want to head in. For example we might have the goal of getting our children to school on time, which sits within the values of “being a good parent”, or the goal of going for a jog while placing value upon exercise and physical health.
Here how you can have spiritual driven values : https://empress2inspire.blog/2020/09/13/tips-for-leading-a-spiritual-life-level-3/
The domains below are valued by some people. leaving aside any obstacles for the moment, think about what is important to you, and what you think makes for a meaningful life that you could value.
- Family Relations – What kind of relationships do you want with your family? What kind of mother/father/brother/sister/uncle/aunt do you want to be?
- Physical Wellbeing – What kind of values do you have regarding your physical wellbeing? How do you want to look after yourself?
- Citizenship/ Community – What kind of environment do you want to be part of? How do you want to contribute to your community?
- Spirituality – What kind of relationship do you want with God/ nature/ the Earth?
- Recreation – How would you like to enjoy yourself? What relaxes you? When are you most playful?
- Education/ Training/ Personal Growth – How would you like to grow? What kind of skills would you like develop? What would you like to know more about?
- Marriage/ Couple/ Intimate Relations – What kind of husband/wife/partner do you want to be? What quality of relationship do you want to be a part of?
- Parenting – What sort of parent do you want to be? What qualities do you want your children to see to you?
- Friendships/ Social Relationships – What sort of friend do you want to be? What friendships is it important to cultivate? How would you like to act towards your friends?
- Employment – What kind of work is valuable to you? What qualities do you want to being as an employee? What kind of work relationships would you like to build?
So what are the values you swear by?