Get ready to maximise your potential, maximise your living with empress2inspire’s new posts series “Daily Dose of Living”. These series will bring you the best in personal development and productivity every day of the week. Your best life awaits.
In today’s post we will learn how to stop complaining. Perhaps the most important step in quitting the habit of complaining is to disconnect the undesirable behavior from your identity. A common mistake chronic complainers make is to self-identify with the negative thoughts running through their minds. You have the power to recondition your thoughts, but the trick is to keep your consciousness out of the quagmire of blame. Realize that while these thoughts are flowing through your mind, they are not you. You are the conscious conduit through which they flow.
Here are few simple ways you can try to get over your habit of complaining about self or others :
- Stop Fighting and Surrender – Instead of resisting the negativity head-on, acknowledge and accept its presence. This will actually have the effect of raising your consciousness.
- Embrace your Negativity – It’s been said that the mind is like a hyperactive monkey. The more you fight with the monkey, the more hyper it becomes. So instead just relax and observe the monkey until it wears itself out.
- Develop Awareness – If you’re mired in negativity, your job is to develop your consciousness to the point where you can learn to stay focused on what you want, to create positively instead of destructively. It may take you more than a lifetime to accomplish that, and that’s OK.
- You Can Choose – Negativity needn’t be a permanent condition. You still have the freedom to choose otherwise. In practice this realization normally happens in layers of unfolding awareness. You begin to accept and embrace more and more responsibility for your life.
- Accept Responsibility – When you catch yourself complaining, stop and ask yourself if you want to continue to deny responsibility for your reality or to allow a bit more responsibility back onto your plate.
Are you blocking happiness to enter your life? Complaining is one of the things can prevent happiness. Tap here to learn more > https://empress2inspire.blog/2021/01/03/habits-that-block-your-happiness-part-1/
Hope this helped. Come back tomorrow for more inspiration.