Daily Dose of Living

Get ready to maximise your potential, maximise your living with empress2inspire’s new posts series “Daily Dose of Living”. These series will bring you the best in personal development and productivity every day of the week. Your best life awaits.

In today’s post we will learn how to let go of sentimental items. We have all a lot of sentimental stuff which we find it difficult to let rid off. Minimalism often starts by letting go of some things. Maybe a lot of things. But what happens when we hit that layer of sentimental things? Things that have become heavy and aren’t serving who we are becoming today. Undoubtedly, this letting-go-of-sentimental-things can be one of the hardest parts of our journey to live simply. The clutter we cling to, the overwhelmed schedules we allow, they’re often a broken bridge holding us back from stepping on freedom ground.

So there are basically two options :

• The first option is usually the Giant Leap option, the dive-in-head-first option: get rid of everything, smash your TV, throw out all your stuff, quickly rip off the Band-Aid, let it go! This option isn’t for everyone (and it’s often not for me).
  • The second option is to take Baby Steps, which works because it helps you build momentum by taking small, incremental actions. What sentimental item can you get rid of today that you’ve wanted to get rid of for a while? Start there. Then pick a few things each day, gradually increasing your efforts as you feel more comfortable.

Here are some options for you to live a life of minimalism > https://empress2inspire.blog/2021/01/13/daily-dose-of-living-13/

No matter where we’ve been or where we’re going, when we fixate on the past and the future, It’s at the expense of the present. Ask yourself what you really need in this season of your life because where you’re at now is what matters. Hope this helped. Come back tomorrow for more inspiration.

Letting go is hard because it means that you need to free yourself from some aspects of your past. Things that have become a part of yourself – of what makes you who you are today. Most people understand this as getting rid of that ‘thing’ resulting to a change in who you are. You can find letting go to be scary.

1. Ryn says:

Wow that is amazing and very true

Glad you agree.

1. Ryn says:

All your posts are truly amazing and actually make me think about my life and how I can make it better so thank you for opening my eyes to the truth

Wow thanks so much Ryn. I am glad you like my writing. Much appreciated

1. Ryn says:

Yeah i wasn’t around the last few days but it was nice to look through all of the posts you did it is nice to have a break and read amazing words of wisdom and making me think about what I can do to change my life and make it better

Thank you again Ryn. Such kind words.

2. I tend to be more of a baby steps person when it comes to reducing clutter. To just rip off the bandaid and go for it seems much too drastic. F

Baby steps is good too 😄

1. Always a pleasure to share your posts with followers, Dear! Hope you are having a great day!
        xoxox 😘💕🎁🌹

Minimalism is difficult but quite liberating

3. the greatvincent says:

Gotta let go at some point… infact this is it.ehat an eye opener…a cracker ..

4. the greatvincent says:

Gotta let go at some point… infact this is it.what an eye opener a cracker

5. The fist option that you described was not minimalism, It was nothingism. Maybe you should try keeping a few things and get rid of the rest of the materialistic possessions!

Like I mentioned before, minimalism is intentionally living with only the things I really need—those items that support my purpose. I am removing the distraction of excess possessions so I can focus more on those things that matter most.