Understanding Happiness Part 2

Happiness has to be understood? Sadly, Yes. We all want to be happy, and there are plenty of people telling us how it can be achieved. The positive psychology movement, indeed, has established happiness as a scientific concept within everyone’s grasp. But is happiness really something we can actively aim for, or is it simply a by-product of how we live our lives more widely?

In this series of post we will look at some interpretations of events that prompt feelings of happiness :

• Interpreting joyful events just as they are, without adding or subtracting. Period.

Let’s look at some biological changes and experiences of happiness :

• Feeling excited.
  • Feeling physically energetic, active.
  • Feeling like giggling or laughing
  • Feeling your face flush
  • Feeling calm all the way through
  • Urge to keep doing what is associate with happiness
  • Feeling at peace
  • Feeling open or expansive

Here are some factors which maybe blocking your happiness > https://empress2inspire.blog/2021/01/07/habits-that-block-your-happiness-part-5/

Biological factors as a part of endogenic factors, in ease, divided into five major areas: genetic factors, brain and neurotransmitters, endocrine glands and hormones, physical health and typology and attractiveness. Twin studies suggested that genetic factors count for 35 -50 percent of happiness.

Reference : https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b8/4f/3b/b84f3b812b9e6603795447c205ad52c3.jpg

1. I’m so excited and I just can’t hide it it’s so genetic -am I happy or am I happy?

The meanings of happiness and pleasure are used interchangeably in our world. Happiness and pleasure are not the same concept and to think so is dangerous. Pleasure seeking will not bring us happiness. Conversely, happiness is rarely found in pleasant activities, or activities designed to avoid pain or hardship.

1. Always happy to read and share great posts with followers, My Dear! Hope you have a great day!
        xoxox 😘💕🌹✨

2. Well, I am not fully happy at the moment- there are some things I am happy about.

I actually am a bit frustrated, annoyed, and embarrassed as well- all because of the epilepsy, and my main happiness with that is blocked at the moment. I am actually excited in a two weeks- a virtual reunion with the Original Cast of Frozen. So, one of the main ways I deal with that epilepsy is musical theatre- but still not in person. However, Blumenthal is still releasing their upcoming season in March. However, there are still no answers to the epilepsy

Hold onto things you are happy about

1. There are things I happy about- just the epilepsy gets in the way of some of those

You are a brave girl

3. Carol anne says:

great info here! I got a lot from reading it!

Happiness is the most important experience we want for those we love, including ourselves. We need happiness in our lives for many more reasons than just feeling good occasionally. This answers why is happiness important because it helps us be better people for ourselves, the ones we love, and our community.

4. So I don’t feel true happiness is able to be felt without feeling all of the sadness, pain, disappointment etc. It’s like the Disney movie Inside Out. We need to go through the real struggles and Yuck to know what it means to experience joy and happiness. Depending on how much muck you walk through, when the happy experiences happen you can truly live in them until the next wave of emotion. As a society, I feel that people are constantly wanting to be “happy” and that is why so many people are medicated today. What I think needs to be taught is the importance of the negative experiences that make the good ones feel all the better. Life was never meant to be only about seeking happiness. It’s about experiencing everything and being able to be in the moment and learn from them.

I agree

5. David Lim says:

Happiness is an expression in agreement to elements of life that have come together, and worked for you.