Get ready to maximise your potential, maximise your living with empress2inspire’s new posts series “Daily Dose of Living”. These series will bring you the best in personal development and productivity every day of the week. Your best life awaits.
In today’s post we will learn what happens when you stop drinking alcohol for a month. Now we all know that alcohol has a lot of harmful effects on the body in a long run. Let’s look at what happens when you decide to give up alcohol for 30 days :
- The first seven days are tough. Your liver will have a hard time flushing out the toxins from alcohol and the bad food you consumed while drunk (late night burgers, fries and pizza).
- You will be challenged. Many people particularly guys will be incredulous about your lifestyle choice. At first, it will bother you, which will make it much worse.
- Acceptance will come eventually. When you get challenged by friends, and eventually learned to laugh and be strong in your head. Once you accept that it is your choice and own your stock response about not drinking, your friends and family will accept it.
- You will sleep like a baby. Studies show that even a small amount of alcohol messes with your sleep. You will now get the initial REM sleep which you normally miss when you drink alcohol.
- You will lose weight. Why? Alcohol contains a lot of empty calories. Drinking makes you eat a lot more food, especially junk like fries and desserts. Quitting drinking gives you the energy to be more active.
- Your perception will shift. In “The Power of Habit,” Charles Duhigg explains that one set of neurological patterns (old habits) can be overridden by new patterns. By focusing on one “keystone habit”(not drinking), you will teach yourself how to reprogram other routines in my life.
- You will continue to be tested. Be brave.
Feel better, look better, lose weight, save money and have better relationships. Now, that’s a cocktail. Hope this helped. Come back tomorrow for more life inspiration.