Self-love is one of my favorite topics to write about, but it’s occurred to me lately that I haven’t spent a great deal of time writing about one of the foundations of this important topic — self-awareness. Self-awareness is conscious knowledge of one’s own character, feelings, motives, and desires, and it’s presence is essential for loving who you are. You might be thinking, But I know who I am! Of course, we all know ourselves on some level, but self-awareness is something we should— and can!— always be contemplating. Because we’re always growing, changing, becoming, to truly know the self, we must constantly be curious about who we are.
Here are some thought provoking question you may want to answer for improving your self awareness scale :
- How do I deal with uncertainty, the unknown or a future event that I have no control over?
- How do I deal with other people’s mistake and unpleasant behaviour?
- How do I deal with people who have hurt me in the past?
- How do I respond to obstacles, hardships, and “bad” things that happen in my life?
- How do I spend my free time?
- How do I respond to new ideas and new ways of thinking?
Come back tomorrow for more thought provoking questions.