Get ready to maximise your potential, maximise your living with empress2inspire’s new posts series “Daily Dose of Living”. These series will bring you the best in personal development and productivity every day of the week. Your best life awaits.
Today we will continue to talk about some Quick Exercises to Quiet the Negative Self-Talk in Your Head. Practice Positive Self-Talk. When you practice the exercises covered above, you will notice your negative self-talk dissipate as you gradually pave a deeper path for positive thinking. Of course, you won’t be able to completely revamp your thinking over night. You’ve spent years navigating the negative thinking paths your mind habitually uses. But you can create a habit of positive thinking in a relatively short time frame. It just takes daily practice.
Keep recording, reviewing, and challenging your negative self-talk whenever you’re able. It can also be advantageous to have a few go-to mantras that you can repeat silently to yourself when you need a quick mindset shift. Here are five such mantras I personally use…
- Positive thinking isn’t about expecting the best to happen right now – it’s about accepting what happens right now, and making the best of it.
- Use today’s obstacles to motivate you rather than annoy you. Be mindful. You are in control of the way you respond to life.
- Effort is never wasted, even when it leads to disappointing results. For it always makes you stronger, more educated, and more experienced.
- Stop rushing. Breathe. Be where you are. You’re where you’re supposed to be at this very moment. This present step and experience is necessary.
- Feel the genuine, positive power that flows from your decision to rise above the petty drama and negativity that doesn’t really matter anyway.
Come back tomorrow for more inspiration.