Working with Someone Improves Productivity

on

There are only so many hours in the day, so making the most of your time is critical. There are two ways increase your output–either put in more hours or work smarter. I don’t know about you, but I prefer the latter. Being more productive at work isn’t rocket science, but it does require being more deliberate about how you manage your time.

Having a colleague pop her head into your office to chat may seem innocuous, but even brief interruptions appear to produce a change in work pattern and a corresponding drop in productivity. Minimizing interruptions may mean setting office hours, keeping your door closed, or working from home for time-sensitive projects. If you feel the need to increase your productivity at work, resist the temptation put in longer hours or pack more into your already-full calendar. Instead, take a step back, and think about ways you can work smarter, not harder.

Here with me with Pomodoro technique

1. gpavants says:

Garima,

The key, I guess is making time and people input find a happy balance. Some people are good distractions for a bit, but too much and things get done. Collaboration with others to share the load are a blessing to have and save time, too. I am always looking for that happy balance.

Thanks, Gary

On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 10:27 AM Be Inspired..!! wrote:

> GS posted: ” There are only so many hours in the day, so making the most > of your time is critical. There are two ways increase your output–either > put in more hours or work smarter. I don’t know about you, but I prefer the > latter. Being more productive at work isn’t ” >

Wise words yet again Gary!!

2. What I understood from the video is you are taking a 10 min break every half an hour during your work time… it might look very easy but it is actually very tough… and if you are staying alone you would have to do all the stuff and time goes out there, to compensate the loss time I would have to avoid those little breaks leading to stretching and overcome.. how are you handling these aspects?

Hahaha by being focused. I pick a time of the day when there is minimum distraction

3. c.f. leach says:

That’s what I do GS—“pick a time of the day when there is minimum distraction.” Blessings and Peace.

Awesome 👏🏼

4. RitishaG. says:

I found your post very interesting and informative. Just one question for you; Some of my friends feel that when working for long periods of time without taking breaks, helps them to get in a “zone” where they can work well. What do you think about that? Is the Pomodoro technique or taking breaks always effective for everyone?

Hi Ritisha, believe me I am on of those people who could study or work for prolong periods of time. I understand the “zone” of high productivity but then there are waves of low productivity as well which I try to avoid with taking deliberate 10 minutes break. I deep breathe during these 10 minutes to re-centre myself.