Destination

One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things. ~ Henry Miller

One of the most profound things I witnessed while travelling was seeing how much we take for granted. I’ve seen slums where people are walking around without shoes or jackets in the freezing cold. I’ve been to places where people are working so hard at such physically demanding jobs while making hardly any money. It taught me to value every person on this planet and to not take my job for granted.

Stay open to anything and take a day (a week) seeing a new part of the world. If you can’t afford to take time off work then visit a new neighbourhood in your own town. Be grateful for everything you have.

1. Rica Chua says:

Gratefulness is something a lot of us has been forgetting. Nice post! 🙂

Gratitude has a strong positive impact on psychological well-being as well. It increases self-esteem, enhances positive emotions and makes us more optimistic. When we feel deep happiness, our bodies are producing all sorts of wonderful chemicals. Keller explains more specifically how rewarding it is for our body.

2. I really love your posts. I totally agree with this. The more I have traveled the more I have realized not to take things for granted.

Glad you liked the post.

3. I love this post. Gaining new perspective in unfamiliar places can play a huge role in having empathy and compassion for others.

Yes, getting out of your comfort zone to travel can inspire creativity and innovative thinking.

4. kinge says:

Gratitude and in peace is the best way to live our short life span on this earth

I agree. Gratitude helps people feel more positive emotions, relish good experiences, improve their health, deal with adversity, and build strong relationships.

5. gpavants says:

Garima,

We take so much for granted. It’s good to travel and get a better perspective.

Thanks, Gary

On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 10:47 PM Be Inspired..!! wrote:

> GS posted: ” One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing > things. ~ Henry Miller One of the most profound things I witnessed while > travelling was seeing how much we take for granted. I’ve seen slums where > people are walking around without shoes or ” >

I agree Gary. In general, taking things for granted is considered irresponsible, even damaging. Taking your spouse for granted is a surefire way to make her feel unloved. Taking your income for granted can put you at financial risk if you lose your job. Taking your health for granted can lead you to take poor care of yourself

Thank you for sharing my post.

1. Always a joy and pleasure to read and share great posts with followers, My Dear! Hope you have a great day!! 😘💕🎁🌹

6. Priti says:

Actually in every country we can see those people and everyone has value in this world so we must need to be grateful for all. Well shared thanks 😊👍

I am glad you liked the post.