Not Give A Shit

I cannot count the number of times I’ve been told not to be too nice to people because it will hurt me. After giving this much thought, my response is simple. When I’m too nice because I have a hidden purpose, others have the right to hurt me, because people are not made to be used but to be loved and respected. When I’m nice for the sake of actually caring about others, and living by my values, then no matter what others response are, they can’t hurt me. I tell myself that I am being kind to the world, not specific people. Be content with yourself and always smile. If the world smiles back, that’s great. If it’s doesn’t, then that’s great too, because despite the harshness around you, you are still able to stick to your beliefs, values and character with a genuine smile.

1. Aditi Verma says:

Wow this is a great way to look at kindness and a great message too!

Glad you liked the post Aditi.

2. Wow, beautiful post.. Thought provoking. Thank you Garima! 🙏🏻♥️

Most welcome Amber.

3. cjm58 says:

I always wondered about the world around me and why they were always so focused on getting ahead, I am assuming their focus was on getting ahead just because they were moving so fast and so unwilling to acknowledge their surroundings. Now with the mask mandates I am surprised at how people have slowed down and one can envision them smiling!

I agree. We are in a constant state of busyness in today’s world. We never shut off, anxiety is through the roof for a large portion of society, and we just can’t seem to slow down. Maybe you’re tired of the constant noise of everyday modern life, maybe you’re ready for a change. Enter slow living. Living the slow life can help you live a more mindful, intentional life that you actually enjoy. Instead of just going through the chaotic motions every day.

4. D.L. Fuller says:

The question I pose is can you have the capacity to rejoice without the capacity for sadness. For most, the ability to taste sweetness also comes with the ability to taste bitterness. I believe to love fully we have to be courageous and risk being open to disappointment. Disappointment can hurt but hope can keep us from injury, and if we are injured then forgiveness can bring healing. If we are planting a garden and we are indifferent to whether anything ever grows, how does that affect our appreciation of the sunshine and the rain, and can we truly rejoice at the harvest. I sow seeds of love in the hope that others may experience the joys of loving and being loved. I think having experienced hurt has taught me empathy and compassion in a much deeper and more meaningful way than if I had only heard or read of these virtues. I am grateful for your sharing. Thank you ❤

Your thoughts have the capacity to put you in a prison and incapacitate you. Although this may sound extreme, I think it is necessary for any person’s growth, that the they hit rock bottom, whatever that is to them, in order to become as strong as they can possibly be… in order to find out what they are really made of.

5. clcouch123 says:

Wise working-out of thoughts and motives.

Thank you very much.

6. yhealthy2000 says:

I love reading your writing!

Thank you. It means a lot.

7. Penny says:

Couldn’t agree more with this. People who hurt us despite us being kind to them are the ones who have hurt in their hearts. That’s all they can give us at the moment. Changing our values and beliefs just because people don’t appreciate us isn’t going to work in the long run. It’s better to accept people for who they are and give them the love they lack. And be ourselves. Beautifully written!!

I agree with you accepting people for who they are Penny. When you accept people for who they are, you let go of your desire to change them. You let them feel the way they want to feel, you let them be different and think differently from you. Everyone is different in one way or another.

Thank you for sharing my post.

8. gpavants says:

Garima,

Care but don’t get broken.

Thanks,

Gary

On Sun, Apr 17, 2022 at 10:43 PM Be Inspired..!! wrote:

> GS posted: ” I cannot count the number of times I’ve been told not to be > too nice to people because it will hunt me. After giving this much thought, > my response is simple. When I’m too nice because I have a hidden purpose, > others have the right to hurt me, because pe” >

I agree Gary. Healthy boundaries are important.